New kickboxing club in Harleston
A new kickboxing club has been launched in Harleston town centre. The club is run by Kerry Norfolk who has been training in kickboxing for 14 years.
Kerry has trained in various clubs through out the UK starting with Sue Fell in February, 1997 (Burton-on-Trent).
Kerry said: 'I have never forgotten the professional coaching and enthusiasm that Sue put into teaching us, I intend to take her methods forward into the way I coach students at Inferno Kickboxing.'
Kerry continues her knowledge and development under the experienced eye of Dave Munro's Three Lions Gym, Great Yarmouth.
On April 5 Inferno welcomed Jon Thaxton, Norwich's former professional British and European lightweight boxer. The class completed an intensive work out followed by a DVD and slide show of his 17-year professional boxing career which included a motivational speech from Thaxton. On May 3 Inferno welcomes Gary Briggs, Norwich's World Champion Kickboxer.
You may also want to watch:
The club is open to all. On Tuesdays students will learn kickboxing techniques, improving fitness, flexibility and self-confidence. On Thursdays the club will meet the needs of those students interested in fighting by competing at Light Continuous or Full Contact Level.
The club also trains at the Bolddog Gym where they follow a boxing-based circuit, boxing drills and techniques under the experienced eye of Dave Elvin and Andy Godbold (current IKF British Kickboxing Champion).
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 6 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
Inferno Kickboxing is offering free training to all new junior members throughout May. Junior classes run on Tuesdays from 5.45pm to 6.45pm. Please quote MERC1.
For more information call Kerry on 0777 2801 373 or join Inferno Kickboxing Facebook Group.