New kickboxing club in Harleston
A new kickboxing club has been launched in Harleston town centre. The club is run by Kerry Norfolk who has been training in kickboxing for 14 years.
Kerry has trained in various clubs through out the UK starting with Sue Fell in February, 1997 (Burton-on-Trent).
Kerry said: 'I have never forgotten the professional coaching and enthusiasm that Sue put into teaching us, I intend to take her methods forward into the way I coach students at Inferno Kickboxing.'
Kerry continues her knowledge and development under the experienced eye of Dave Munro's Three Lions Gym, Great Yarmouth.
On April 5 Inferno welcomed Jon Thaxton, Norwich's former professional British and European lightweight boxer. The class completed an intensive work out followed by a DVD and slide show of his 17-year professional boxing career which included a motivational speech from Thaxton. On May 3 Inferno welcomes Gary Briggs, Norwich's World Champion Kickboxer.
You may also want to watch:
The club is open to all. On Tuesdays students will learn kickboxing techniques, improving fitness, flexibility and self-confidence. On Thursdays the club will meet the needs of those students interested in fighting by competing at Light Continuous or Full Contact Level.
The club also trains at the Bolddog Gym where they follow a boxing-based circuit, boxing drills and techniques under the experienced eye of Dave Elvin and Andy Godbold (current IKF British Kickboxing Champion).
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 6 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 7 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 10 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
Inferno Kickboxing is offering free training to all new junior members throughout May. Junior classes run on Tuesdays from 5.45pm to 6.45pm. Please quote MERC1.
For more information call Kerry on 0777 2801 373 or join Inferno Kickboxing Facebook Group.