New signing Anselin quits Diss
Ex-Canary Cedric Anselin has left Diss Town FC without even kicking a ball in the Ridgeons League.The midfielder signed for the Tangerines during the summer from Dereham Town and featured in their pre-season friendlies against Kirkley and Pakefield and Lowestoft Town.
Ex-Canary Cedric Anselin has left Diss Town without even kicking a ball in the Ridgeons League.
The midfielder signed for the Tangerines during the summer from Dereham Town and featured in their pre-season friendlies against Kirkley and Pakefield and Lowestoft Town.
Diss manager Robert Taylor has said that the former French U21 international decided he could not give the commitment necessary during the season as his wife is pregnant.
Other former Magpies feature in club news - midfielders George Wilson and Osiris Gomes have signed up for the Tangerines and Mark Culyer, has left Diss but will remain registered to the club as he felt he was not yet ready for the battles ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Diss beat Ridgeons Premier Division side CRC 4-3 on Tuesday night, their first pre-season friendly victory, with Taylor viewing it as a way of testing out all the players.
Tomorrow Diss complete their pre-season games by visiting Anglian Combination Premier Division side Blofield United and the Ridgeons Division One campaign starts at Newmarket Town next Saturday.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 5 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 6 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser