Newbury's ton is in vain
Old Buckenham B lost to Rocklands A by three wickets in Norfolk League Division Five despite an unbeaten century from Simon Newbury.Invited to bat first, captain Joe Perry (25) and Ian Pape made a steady start, until Doe took a superb one-handed catch low in the slips to remove Pape off Minor.
Old Buckenham B lost to Rocklands A by three wickets in Norfolk League Division Five despite an unbeaten century from Simon Newbury.
Invited to bat first, captain Joe Perry (25) and Ian Pape made a steady start, until Doe took a superb one-handed catch low in the slips to remove Pape off Minor.
Newbury joined Perry in a stand of 70 for the second wicket and Perry finally perished, bowled by Hawkins. Billy Graham-Parks (33) then gave splendid support for Newbury with a stand of 81, before the returning Pearce removed both Billy and Bobby in the same over.
Newbury reached his unbeaten century with three boundaries off the last over and young Ben Pape, who had supported him to the final score of 184 for six, became Pearce's fourth bowled victim, with the last ball, to finish with four for 30, the best of eight bowlers used by Rocklands.
You may also want to watch:
Putsford (26) and Doe (11) started with a stand of 40, before Paul Fitt and Brendan Ledeboer bowled both on 44 for two at the end of their opening spells. Dunning (48) and Kruger (31) then had the pivotal partnership, surviving a few chances. Bobby Graham-Parks caught Kruger off Newbury, who also bowled Dunning and Wain, but Hawkins (23) and Pearce (10) could not be parted at the critical stage in the innings.
Newbury removed Hawkins to finish with four for 29, and the returning Ledeboer removed Pearce to finish with two for 27, but Baker and Minor stayed together to see Rocklands home in the 37th over.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 5 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages