Newbury's ton is in vain
Old Buckenham B lost to Rocklands A by three wickets in Norfolk League Division Five despite an unbeaten century from Simon Newbury.Invited to bat first, captain Joe Perry (25) and Ian Pape made a steady start, until Doe took a superb one-handed catch low in the slips to remove Pape off Minor.
Old Buckenham B lost to Rocklands A by three wickets in Norfolk League Division Five despite an unbeaten century from Simon Newbury.
Invited to bat first, captain Joe Perry (25) and Ian Pape made a steady start, until Doe took a superb one-handed catch low in the slips to remove Pape off Minor.
Newbury joined Perry in a stand of 70 for the second wicket and Perry finally perished, bowled by Hawkins. Billy Graham-Parks (33) then gave splendid support for Newbury with a stand of 81, before the returning Pearce removed both Billy and Bobby in the same over.
Newbury reached his unbeaten century with three boundaries off the last over and young Ben Pape, who had supported him to the final score of 184 for six, became Pearce's fourth bowled victim, with the last ball, to finish with four for 30, the best of eight bowlers used by Rocklands.
You may also want to watch:
Putsford (26) and Doe (11) started with a stand of 40, before Paul Fitt and Brendan Ledeboer bowled both on 44 for two at the end of their opening spells. Dunning (48) and Kruger (31) then had the pivotal partnership, surviving a few chances. Bobby Graham-Parks caught Kruger off Newbury, who also bowled Dunning and Wain, but Hawkins (23) and Pearce (10) could not be parted at the critical stage in the innings.
Newbury removed Hawkins to finish with four for 29, and the returning Ledeboer removed Pearce to finish with two for 27, but Baker and Minor stayed together to see Rocklands home in the 37th over.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway