Newcombe’s sea catch
Five Diss and Eye Sea Anglers travelled to West Mersea on Thursday to fish for the first of the year run of cod.
Leaving port at 7.30am, they travelled out to fish about four miles offshore.
The weather was fine but windy, fishing was slow to start with but as tide started to run, fish started to bite.
Total fish caught were eight cod, three dogfish and about 60 whiting.
The biggest and best fish of the day and the prize money went to Charndler Newcombe, age 13, from Tibenham.
Runners-up: Terry Newcombe (Bury), David Newcombe (Tibenham), Michael Thorndyke (Eye) and Keith Carter (Hoxne).
- 1 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 2 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 3 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 4 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 5 Man could stand trial after motorcyclist death in B1113 crash
- 6 Spanish street food business gets residency at Norfolk pub
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Biogas plan in south Norfolk village leads to road safety fears
- 9 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products