Newcombe’s sea catch
Five Diss and Eye Sea Anglers travelled to West Mersea on Thursday to fish for the first of the year run of cod.
Leaving port at 7.30am, they travelled out to fish about four miles offshore.
The weather was fine but windy, fishing was slow to start with but as tide started to run, fish started to bite.
Total fish caught were eight cod, three dogfish and about 60 whiting.
The biggest and best fish of the day and the prize money went to Charndler Newcombe, age 13, from Tibenham.
You may also want to watch:
Runners-up: Terry Newcombe (Bury), David Newcombe (Tibenham), Michael Thorndyke (Eye) and Keith Carter (Hoxne).
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 3 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 4 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Care home residents delighted by alpaca visit
- 9 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 10 Cash For Charites: Last call to apply for £20,000