Newcombe’s sea catch
Five Diss and Eye Sea Anglers travelled to West Mersea on Thursday to fish for the first of the year run of cod.
Leaving port at 7.30am, they travelled out to fish about four miles offshore.
The weather was fine but windy, fishing was slow to start with but as tide started to run, fish started to bite.
Total fish caught were eight cod, three dogfish and about 60 whiting.
The biggest and best fish of the day and the prize money went to Charndler Newcombe, age 13, from Tibenham.
You may also want to watch:
Runners-up: Terry Newcombe (Bury), David Newcombe (Tibenham), Michael Thorndyke (Eye) and Keith Carter (Hoxne).
- 1 Diss kickboxer, 17, to fight for Great Britain at world championships
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Diss RAF hero who lost both legs nominated for national award
- 4 Towns and villages across Norfolk to get a Covid memorial plaque
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 8 'Be kind... be thoughtful' - Paramedic's plea for fuel calm goes viral
- 9 Severe delays on the A140 in Newton Flotman
- 10 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs