Newcombe’s sea catch
Five Diss and Eye Sea Anglers travelled to West Mersea on Thursday to fish for the first of the year run of cod.
Leaving port at 7.30am, they travelled out to fish about four miles offshore.
The weather was fine but windy, fishing was slow to start with but as tide started to run, fish started to bite.
Total fish caught were eight cod, three dogfish and about 60 whiting.
The biggest and best fish of the day and the prize money went to Charndler Newcombe, age 13, from Tibenham.
You may also want to watch:
Runners-up: Terry Newcombe (Bury), David Newcombe (Tibenham), Michael Thorndyke (Eye) and Keith Carter (Hoxne).
- 1 Pink Ladies' Tractor Road Run to return this summer
- 2 Natural England concerned over blueprint for thousands of homes
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Home plan for village pub shelved
- 6 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 7 Norfolk gardens to star in forthcoming Channel 5 show
- 8 Five days of resurfacing work costing almost £10k planned for village road
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants