Newcombe’s sea catch
Five Diss and Eye Sea Anglers travelled to West Mersea on Thursday to fish for the first of the year run of cod.
Leaving port at 7.30am, they travelled out to fish about four miles offshore.
The weather was fine but windy, fishing was slow to start with but as tide started to run, fish started to bite.
Total fish caught were eight cod, three dogfish and about 60 whiting.
The biggest and best fish of the day and the prize money went to Charndler Newcombe, age 13, from Tibenham.
You may also want to watch:
Runners-up: Terry Newcombe (Bury), David Newcombe (Tibenham), Michael Thorndyke (Eye) and Keith Carter (Hoxne).
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving