Old Buckenham CC preparing to welcome former England captain
- Credit: AP
Old Buckenham Cricket Club have pulled off an early-season coup with a visit coming up next month from former England women's captain Charlotte Edwards.
Edwards will be visiting the club on Tuesday, May 9 in her role as a 'Chance to Shine Ambassador' to conduct a coaching session with the Bucks' highly successful ladies and girls section.
She retired from international cricket in 2016 after a stellar career with England that included 23 Test matches, 195 ODIs and 95 Twenty20s.
Chance to Shine is a charitable organisation which seeks to promote cricket in primary and junior schools throughout the country.
Club secretary John Williams said: 'Having someone of the stature of Charlotte Edwards visit us is a great honour for Old Buckenham CC.
You may also want to watch:
'It is testimony to the way our youth policy - both at club level and within local schools - is bearing fruit.'
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients