Old Buckenham CC preparing to welcome former England captain
- Credit: AP
Old Buckenham Cricket Club have pulled off an early-season coup with a visit coming up next month from former England women's captain Charlotte Edwards.
Edwards will be visiting the club on Tuesday, May 9 in her role as a 'Chance to Shine Ambassador' to conduct a coaching session with the Bucks' highly successful ladies and girls section.
She retired from international cricket in 2016 after a stellar career with England that included 23 Test matches, 195 ODIs and 95 Twenty20s.
Chance to Shine is a charitable organisation which seeks to promote cricket in primary and junior schools throughout the country.
Club secretary John Williams said: 'Having someone of the stature of Charlotte Edwards visit us is a great honour for Old Buckenham CC.
'It is testimony to the way our youth policy - both at club level and within local schools - is bearing fruit.'
- 1 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 2 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 3 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 4 Can you help bring Christmas cheer to teens in care?
- 5 Norfolk hair salon named best in region at national awards
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Frustration as vulnerable people in Norfolk left waiting for Covid boosters
- 8 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 9 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 10 Norfolk hot honey sauce 'going out in pallet fulls' across the UK