Old Buckenham CC preparing to welcome former England captain
- Credit: AP
Old Buckenham Cricket Club have pulled off an early-season coup with a visit coming up next month from former England women's captain Charlotte Edwards.
Edwards will be visiting the club on Tuesday, May 9 in her role as a 'Chance to Shine Ambassador' to conduct a coaching session with the Bucks' highly successful ladies and girls section.
She retired from international cricket in 2016 after a stellar career with England that included 23 Test matches, 195 ODIs and 95 Twenty20s.
Chance to Shine is a charitable organisation which seeks to promote cricket in primary and junior schools throughout the country.
Club secretary John Williams said: 'Having someone of the stature of Charlotte Edwards visit us is a great honour for Old Buckenham CC.
You may also want to watch:
'It is testimony to the way our youth policy - both at club level and within local schools - is bearing fruit.'
- 1 Investigation as farm video claims to show chickens 'deformed and dying'
- 2 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 3 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Five times the TV cameras rolled into Norfolk
- 6 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 7 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 8 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 9 The 57 Norfolk and Waveney schools offering summer holiday catch-up classes
- 10 Your nominations needed for People's Choice at Norfolk Arts Awards 2021