One goal enough for Stratton win
Holt United 0, Long Stratton 1A fine second-half strike from Ben Cussons saw Stratton win an eighth game in nine and a second successive victory on the road.
Holt United 0, Long Stratton 1
A fine second-half strike from Ben Cussons saw Stratton win an eighth game in nine and a second successive victory on the road.
The first half saw both sides create very little up front in a drab 45 minutes played out in dense fog.
The Stratton managers acted at the break, Mark Whitmore and Shaun Moss making way for Dan Cooke and Dave Robinson.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors' keeper Chaz Sizeland made a fine stop in the 51st minute, coming out to save low from a one-on-one with the Holt forward.
One great move from the Reds saw Stephen Blunt make a fine pass out to the overlapping Grahame Bartlett but his deep cross eluded the Stratton strikers.
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 8 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 9 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 10 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
The Reds were looking far more threatening now and the midfield were getting the upper hand with their famed relentless work-rate paying dividends and Barnes and Robinson very prominent.
On the hour mark Adam Solley slotted the ball through to Cussons who unleashed a drive high into the net.
Although Holt pushed forward late in the game Stratton's rearguard looked very safe, marshalled well by big Kaine Challen.
Man of the Match: Ben Cussons.
Pictured, a Holt forward (in green) tries to beat Stratton stopper Kaine Challen.