One goal enough for Stratton win
Holt United 0, Long Stratton 1A fine second-half strike from Ben Cussons saw Stratton win an eighth game in nine and a second successive victory on the road.
Holt United 0, Long Stratton 1
A fine second-half strike from Ben Cussons saw Stratton win an eighth game in nine and a second successive victory on the road.
The first half saw both sides create very little up front in a drab 45 minutes played out in dense fog.
The Stratton managers acted at the break, Mark Whitmore and Shaun Moss making way for Dan Cooke and Dave Robinson.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors' keeper Chaz Sizeland made a fine stop in the 51st minute, coming out to save low from a one-on-one with the Holt forward.
One great move from the Reds saw Stephen Blunt make a fine pass out to the overlapping Grahame Bartlett but his deep cross eluded the Stratton strikers.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 9 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
The Reds were looking far more threatening now and the midfield were getting the upper hand with their famed relentless work-rate paying dividends and Barnes and Robinson very prominent.
On the hour mark Adam Solley slotted the ball through to Cussons who unleashed a drive high into the net.
Although Holt pushed forward late in the game Stratton's rearguard looked very safe, marshalled well by big Kaine Challen.
Man of the Match: Ben Cussons.
Pictured, a Holt forward (in green) tries to beat Stratton stopper Kaine Challen.