One goal enough for Stratton win
Holt United 0, Long Stratton 1A fine second-half strike from Ben Cussons saw Stratton win an eighth game in nine and a second successive victory on the road.
Holt United 0, Long Stratton 1
A fine second-half strike from Ben Cussons saw Stratton win an eighth game in nine and a second successive victory on the road.
The first half saw both sides create very little up front in a drab 45 minutes played out in dense fog.
The Stratton managers acted at the break, Mark Whitmore and Shaun Moss making way for Dan Cooke and Dave Robinson.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors' keeper Chaz Sizeland made a fine stop in the 51st minute, coming out to save low from a one-on-one with the Holt forward.
One great move from the Reds saw Stephen Blunt make a fine pass out to the overlapping Grahame Bartlett but his deep cross eluded the Stratton strikers.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 5 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Pregnancy, testing and natural immunity - your Covid jab concerns answered
- 8 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 9 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
The Reds were looking far more threatening now and the midfield were getting the upper hand with their famed relentless work-rate paying dividends and Barnes and Robinson very prominent.
On the hour mark Adam Solley slotted the ball through to Cussons who unleashed a drive high into the net.
Although Holt pushed forward late in the game Stratton's rearguard looked very safe, marshalled well by big Kaine Challen.
Man of the Match: Ben Cussons.
Pictured, a Holt forward (in green) tries to beat Stratton stopper Kaine Challen.