Otters make a big impression
SWIMMING: There was glorious warm sunshine all weekend for the Diss Otters Masters team who headed out to Guernsey on April 8.
A total of 160 swimmers from all around Europe entered the 20th OCS Open International Guernsey Masters meet.
Diss Otters had four swimmers competing, claiming 26 top three medals placing and producing some excellent times.
Adam Lelean swam in 10 events over the weekend, Adam claimed first place in 200m Freestyle, 200m Butterfly, 200m IM, 100m Breaststroke, 400m freestyle and 50m Breaststroke. Second place in 100m Freestyle and third place in 50m Butterfly, 200m Backstroke and 100m IM.
Katie Bull in 25-29 years age group claimed two gold medals for 100m Freestyle and 200m Backstroke. Two silvers 100m and 200m IM and one bronze in 100m Breaststroke.
You may also want to watch:
Vall Bull in the 45-49 years age group swam in five races and achieved top three in four races.
Sally Lelean swam well over the weekend, swimming in eight events, receiving first place in all of her races.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
Are you training for triathlon? Otters can also accommodate you within their sessions.
Diss Otters operates a thriving Masters section that caters for adults ranging from novice fitness swimmers to serious competitive master's athletes.
Sessions are run in a friendly atmosphere and there is no obligation to attend a set amount of workouts.
If you would like further details of the Masters group, please contact the Masters Convenor Valerie Bull on 01379 740518.