Pairs battle it out on greens
NINETEEN pairs of women turned out to play the 4BBB Stableford (full handicap) Diss Ladies' Invitation Day competition at Diss Golf Club. It was a well-organised day with players going off first, ninth and fourth tees.
NINETEEN pairs of women turned out to play the 4BBB Stableford (full handicap) Diss Ladies' Invitation Day competition at Diss Golf Club.
It was a well-organised day with players going off first, ninth and fourth tees.
Ladies came from across the region to compete.
The weather stayed dry for the afternoon start, which made it a very enjoyable round.
You may also want to watch:
Special thanks were given to Pinky Palmer for organising the event, Judith Bedwell for working out the cards and doing the results and to everyone concerned in making the day a happy one.
The course was in excellent condition and played well and the evening meal was delicious. Thanks go to Martin and Henry and the catering staff.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
A total of £102 was raised from the raffle for breast cancer and aftercare.
Lady captain Jill Driver presented prizes of topiary, roses, hydrangeas and hanging baskets to the winners.
Results: 1 Chris Clews and Becky Rolingson 43 points, 2 Judith Bedwell and Lillie Hood 42, 3 Liz Bloom and Marion Kendal 41 points.
Nearest the white line (sixth hole): Margaret Haywood.
Nearest the pin (15th hole): Linda Foulger.
It was the first time that Clews and Rolingson (Norfolk GC) had played together, a chance meeting only a few weeks before had brought them together; Chris playing off 21 and Becky off 25, both playing steadily, resulted in a winning combination.
Pat Lewis (Peugeot) Cup 2008: Adrian Mitson 41 points (overall winner), 2 Alan Crowest 40, 3 Paul Wright 37.
Ladies' results: Di Randall 37 points, 2 Chris Clews 34, 3 Judith Bedwell 32.