Paul keeps with tradition at Diss club’s Drive-In
- Credit: Archant
Continuing with the age-old golf tradition of the Captains' Drive-In is Paul Wright taking his drive to cement his official appointment as the 2017 club captain at Diss Golf Club.
The other captains for 2017 – Jenny Chamberlin (ladies), Charlie Stammers (juniors) and Mike Doig (seniors) – also took their drives in front of many of the club members.
As part of this tradition, members had the opportunity to 'guess the longest' drive.
The captains and their committees are already working hard to organise competitions, matches and other events for the year. They will also be proud to have teams compete in county matches.
During the year funds will be raised from many of the club events for their chosen charities which include multiple sclerosis (ladies captain), Motor Neurone Disease (MNDAssoc) and Prostate Cancer UK (seniors captain).
You may also want to watch:
Events and activities can be found at www.dissgolf.co.uk.
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 4 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 7 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 10 More than 100,000 young people have received Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney