Paul keeps with tradition at Diss club’s Drive-In
- Credit: Archant
Continuing with the age-old golf tradition of the Captains' Drive-In is Paul Wright taking his drive to cement his official appointment as the 2017 club captain at Diss Golf Club.
The other captains for 2017 – Jenny Chamberlin (ladies), Charlie Stammers (juniors) and Mike Doig (seniors) – also took their drives in front of many of the club members.
As part of this tradition, members had the opportunity to 'guess the longest' drive.
The captains and their committees are already working hard to organise competitions, matches and other events for the year. They will also be proud to have teams compete in county matches.
During the year funds will be raised from many of the club events for their chosen charities which include multiple sclerosis (ladies captain), Motor Neurone Disease (MNDAssoc) and Prostate Cancer UK (seniors captain).
You may also want to watch:
Events and activities can be found at www.dissgolf.co.uk.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 8 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk