Paul keeps with tradition at Diss club’s Drive-In
- Credit: Archant
Continuing with the age-old golf tradition of the Captains' Drive-In is Paul Wright taking his drive to cement his official appointment as the 2017 club captain at Diss Golf Club.
The other captains for 2017 – Jenny Chamberlin (ladies), Charlie Stammers (juniors) and Mike Doig (seniors) – also took their drives in front of many of the club members.
As part of this tradition, members had the opportunity to 'guess the longest' drive.
The captains and their committees are already working hard to organise competitions, matches and other events for the year. They will also be proud to have teams compete in county matches.
During the year funds will be raised from many of the club events for their chosen charities which include multiple sclerosis (ladies captain), Motor Neurone Disease (MNDAssoc) and Prostate Cancer UK (seniors captain).
You may also want to watch:
Events and activities can be found at www.dissgolf.co.uk.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos