Penny bowls into record books again
Le Diss Sportif suffered their first home defeat of the season in Division Two of the Darby Rosettes Norfolk Petanque League last Thursday.The home side won two of the three doubles games but defeat in both the triples handed victory to Morley St Botolph-based Gauloises 3-2.
Le Diss Sportif suffered their first home defeat of the season in Division Two of the Darby Rosettes Norfolk Petanque League last Thursday.
The home side won two of the three doubles games but defeat in both the triples handed victory to Morley St Botolph-based Gauloises 3-2.
Lindsay Penny cemented her place in the Diss Waveney record books with a 13-0 win - she has featured in all four in the club's history.
In her only game of the evening, she paired up with John Barsby to beat Claudine Guilman and Paul Rowland.
You may also want to watch:
The other win came from Mick Clarke and Liz Rudling, who beat John Stone and Fleur Guilman-Beales 13-11.
Graham Beales enjoyed a profitable time for the visitors, the Gauloises captain pairing up with Dennis Cobbold to win 13-1 in the doubles after a similar victory in the triples with Claudine Guilman and Ray Beales.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
The Deopham team's other win came courtesy of Stone, Rowland and Margaret Cobbold.
Diss Duval switched their match against Drayton's Bob Carter Leisure to Diss but home advantage failed to pay off. Yoshi Shinagawa and Peter Turner were the only Duval players to taste victory in a 4-1 defeat.
Darby Rosettes Norfolk League - Division Two: Le Diss Sportif 2, Deopham Gauloises 3 (aggregate 37-50). Triples (Diss names first): G Ottey, Jan Barsby, D Smith lost 1-13 to G and R Beales, C Guilman; M Clarke, L Rudling, John Barsby lost 9-13 to J Stone, P Rowland, M Cobbold. Doubles: Jan Barsby, D Smith lost 1-13 to G Beales, D Cobbold; M Clarke, L Rudling beat J Stone, F Guilman-Beales 13-11; John Barsby, L Penny beat C Guilman, P Rowland 13-0.
Division Three: Diss Duval 1, Drayton Bob Carter Leisure 4 (aggregate 46-56). Triples (Diss names first): J Goodey, J and C Johnson lost 11-13 to M and P Skillings, K Creamer; Y Shinagawa, P Turner, R True lost 7-13 to S Wither, P Cracknell, D Kelly. Doubles: J Goodey, J Johnson lost 7-13 to M and P Skillings; C Johnson, R True lost 8-13 to S Wither, P Cracknell; Y Shinagawa, P Turner beat D Kelly, K Creamer 13-4.