Penny bowls into record books again
Le Diss Sportif suffered their first home defeat of the season in Division Two of the Darby Rosettes Norfolk Petanque League last Thursday.The home side won two of the three doubles games but defeat in both the triples handed victory to Morley St Botolph-based Gauloises 3-2.
Le Diss Sportif suffered their first home defeat of the season in Division Two of the Darby Rosettes Norfolk Petanque League last Thursday.
The home side won two of the three doubles games but defeat in both the triples handed victory to Morley St Botolph-based Gauloises 3-2.
Lindsay Penny cemented her place in the Diss Waveney record books with a 13-0 win - she has featured in all four in the club's history.
In her only game of the evening, she paired up with John Barsby to beat Claudine Guilman and Paul Rowland.
The other win came from Mick Clarke and Liz Rudling, who beat John Stone and Fleur Guilman-Beales 13-11.
Graham Beales enjoyed a profitable time for the visitors, the Gauloises captain pairing up with Dennis Cobbold to win 13-1 in the doubles after a similar victory in the triples with Claudine Guilman and Ray Beales.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 3 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 4 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 9 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
The Deopham team's other win came courtesy of Stone, Rowland and Margaret Cobbold.
Diss Duval switched their match against Drayton's Bob Carter Leisure to Diss but home advantage failed to pay off. Yoshi Shinagawa and Peter Turner were the only Duval players to taste victory in a 4-1 defeat.
Darby Rosettes Norfolk League - Division Two: Le Diss Sportif 2, Deopham Gauloises 3 (aggregate 37-50). Triples (Diss names first): G Ottey, Jan Barsby, D Smith lost 1-13 to G and R Beales, C Guilman; M Clarke, L Rudling, John Barsby lost 9-13 to J Stone, P Rowland, M Cobbold. Doubles: Jan Barsby, D Smith lost 1-13 to G Beales, D Cobbold; M Clarke, L Rudling beat J Stone, F Guilman-Beales 13-11; John Barsby, L Penny beat C Guilman, P Rowland 13-0.
Division Three: Diss Duval 1, Drayton Bob Carter Leisure 4 (aggregate 46-56). Triples (Diss names first): J Goodey, J and C Johnson lost 11-13 to M and P Skillings, K Creamer; Y Shinagawa, P Turner, R True lost 7-13 to S Wither, P Cracknell, D Kelly. Doubles: J Goodey, J Johnson lost 7-13 to M and P Skillings; C Johnson, R True lost 8-13 to S Wither, P Cracknell; Y Shinagawa, P Turner beat D Kelly, K Creamer 13-4.