Penny bowls into record books again
Le Diss Sportif suffered their first home defeat of the season in Division Two of the Darby Rosettes Norfolk Petanque League last Thursday.The home side won two of the three doubles games but defeat in both the triples handed victory to Morley St Botolph-based Gauloises 3-2.
Le Diss Sportif suffered their first home defeat of the season in Division Two of the Darby Rosettes Norfolk Petanque League last Thursday.
The home side won two of the three doubles games but defeat in both the triples handed victory to Morley St Botolph-based Gauloises 3-2.
Lindsay Penny cemented her place in the Diss Waveney record books with a 13-0 win - she has featured in all four in the club's history.
In her only game of the evening, she paired up with John Barsby to beat Claudine Guilman and Paul Rowland.
You may also want to watch:
The other win came from Mick Clarke and Liz Rudling, who beat John Stone and Fleur Guilman-Beales 13-11.
Graham Beales enjoyed a profitable time for the visitors, the Gauloises captain pairing up with Dennis Cobbold to win 13-1 in the doubles after a similar victory in the triples with Claudine Guilman and Ray Beales.
- 1 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 7 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children
- 8 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 9 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
The Deopham team's other win came courtesy of Stone, Rowland and Margaret Cobbold.
Diss Duval switched their match against Drayton's Bob Carter Leisure to Diss but home advantage failed to pay off. Yoshi Shinagawa and Peter Turner were the only Duval players to taste victory in a 4-1 defeat.
Darby Rosettes Norfolk League - Division Two: Le Diss Sportif 2, Deopham Gauloises 3 (aggregate 37-50). Triples (Diss names first): G Ottey, Jan Barsby, D Smith lost 1-13 to G and R Beales, C Guilman; M Clarke, L Rudling, John Barsby lost 9-13 to J Stone, P Rowland, M Cobbold. Doubles: Jan Barsby, D Smith lost 1-13 to G Beales, D Cobbold; M Clarke, L Rudling beat J Stone, F Guilman-Beales 13-11; John Barsby, L Penny beat C Guilman, P Rowland 13-0.
Division Three: Diss Duval 1, Drayton Bob Carter Leisure 4 (aggregate 46-56). Triples (Diss names first): J Goodey, J and C Johnson lost 11-13 to M and P Skillings, K Creamer; Y Shinagawa, P Turner, R True lost 7-13 to S Wither, P Cracknell, D Kelly. Doubles: J Goodey, J Johnson lost 7-13 to M and P Skillings; C Johnson, R True lost 8-13 to S Wither, P Cracknell; Y Shinagawa, P Turner beat D Kelly, K Creamer 13-4.