Penny bowls into record books again
Le Diss Sportif suffered their first home defeat of the season in Division Two of the Darby Rosettes Norfolk Petanque League last Thursday.The home side won two of the three doubles games but defeat in both the triples handed victory to Morley St Botolph-based Gauloises 3-2.
Le Diss Sportif suffered their first home defeat of the season in Division Two of the Darby Rosettes Norfolk Petanque League last Thursday.
The home side won two of the three doubles games but defeat in both the triples handed victory to Morley St Botolph-based Gauloises 3-2.
Lindsay Penny cemented her place in the Diss Waveney record books with a 13-0 win - she has featured in all four in the club's history.
In her only game of the evening, she paired up with John Barsby to beat Claudine Guilman and Paul Rowland.
The other win came from Mick Clarke and Liz Rudling, who beat John Stone and Fleur Guilman-Beales 13-11.
Graham Beales enjoyed a profitable time for the visitors, the Gauloises captain pairing up with Dennis Cobbold to win 13-1 in the doubles after a similar victory in the triples with Claudine Guilman and Ray Beales.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 3 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 4 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 5 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 6 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 7 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 8 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 9 Case adjourned for woman charged with causing death by careless driving
- 10 Norfolk man arrested after fatal crash near Duxford
The Deopham team's other win came courtesy of Stone, Rowland and Margaret Cobbold.
Diss Duval switched their match against Drayton's Bob Carter Leisure to Diss but home advantage failed to pay off. Yoshi Shinagawa and Peter Turner were the only Duval players to taste victory in a 4-1 defeat.
Darby Rosettes Norfolk League - Division Two: Le Diss Sportif 2, Deopham Gauloises 3 (aggregate 37-50). Triples (Diss names first): G Ottey, Jan Barsby, D Smith lost 1-13 to G and R Beales, C Guilman; M Clarke, L Rudling, John Barsby lost 9-13 to J Stone, P Rowland, M Cobbold. Doubles: Jan Barsby, D Smith lost 1-13 to G Beales, D Cobbold; M Clarke, L Rudling beat J Stone, F Guilman-Beales 13-11; John Barsby, L Penny beat C Guilman, P Rowland 13-0.
Division Three: Diss Duval 1, Drayton Bob Carter Leisure 4 (aggregate 46-56). Triples (Diss names first): J Goodey, J and C Johnson lost 11-13 to M and P Skillings, K Creamer; Y Shinagawa, P Turner, R True lost 7-13 to S Wither, P Cracknell, D Kelly. Doubles: J Goodey, J Johnson lost 7-13 to M and P Skillings; C Johnson, R True lost 8-13 to S Wither, P Cracknell; Y Shinagawa, P Turner beat D Kelly, K Creamer 13-4.