Promotion is a must says Taylor
Robert Taylor says there is only one place Diss Town should be playing football - and it's not Ridgeons Division One.The Tangerines boss has told his players that nothing but promotion to the Premier League will satisfy him this season - and that the title would be the icing on the cake.
Robert Taylor says there is only one place Diss Town should be playing football - and it's not Ridgeons Division One.
The Tangerines boss has told his players that nothing but promotion to the Premier League will satisfy him this season - and that the title would be the icing on the cake. “The club has to be back in the Premier Division next year, simple as that,” he said.
“As long as we finish in the top three and get promotion I'll be fairly happy,” said Taylor. “We missed the title by a point last year but I have seen enough to know the players have the guts and the determination to make that extra push.
“It just needs that little bit more quality adding to the squad.”
You may also want to watch:
Taylor has acquired the services of former Canaries midfielder Cedric Anselin, Adie Hayes, Andy Moody, Steven Wright, Mark Culyer and Jamie Wilson - who were all with Taylor at Dereham last season. An attempt to bring goalkeeper Shaun Marshall has failed, with Diss unable to compete financially with Mildenhall, but Taylor says his priorities are now for a centre forward and a reserve team manager.
“I'm not necessarily looking for someone of vast experience, just someone I can work with,” said Taylor, who took over at Diss in April.
- 1 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 2 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 5 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 8 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 9 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 10 Royal family 'deeply grateful' for support following Prince Philip death
“We have got Danny Partridge and I'd like someone who can play alongside him, but Wright and Moody are centre forwards and they can start.
“The younger lads are the legs for people like Cedric Anselin and Adie Hayes and I want us next season to get the ball down and play. I don't want to play a long-ball game, I want it to be an entertaining side we put out on to the pitch - and one that wins.
“We need to ensure our back-up players can step into the first team when necessary, which is why the reserve team manager's role is such an important one.
“We need to get someone in there who knows what they're doing and can get hold of these young lads and push them forward into contention for the first team.”
To apply for the reserves manager's job, write to The Secretary, Diss Town F C, 31 Aldrich Way, Roydon IP22 4FJ, by email to email@example.com or enquiries by telephone to 07855 531341.
Diss have a pre-season friendly against Premier side Kirkley on Tuesday (ko 7.45).
Players are sought for Diss U9 who play on Sundays and train on Mondays at Brewers Green Lane from 6-7.30pm.