Pupils’ joy as star pays visit
Norwich City footballer Simon Lappin appeared at Ashleigh Infant School in Wymondham on Monday to mark the culmination of a funded Community Sports Foundation multi-skills course.
Lappin joined the pupils and CSF coach Robbie Powell who has delivered the 10-week course which covered a variety of skills including generic agility, balance and co-ordination along with sending and receiving skills.
The sessions were funded by the Football League Trust and are part of the CSF multi-skills programme.
Simon enjoyed his afternoon and said afterwards: 'The multi-skills course seems to have been very beneficial for the kids. Robbie's enthusiasm played a big part and the session was all-action right from the start.'
CSF Schools and Education Development Officer Stevie Bramble added: 'The support of the Football League and School Sport Partnerships have enabled our multi-skills coaches to work with over 150 local schools for a six-week multi-skills coaching block.
You may also want to watch:
'Hopefully the children will have the opportunities to transfer their new skills into other sporting environments both in and out of curricular time.'
The Community Sports Foundation (formerly Football In The Community) has re-invented itself for 2011, announcing a new goals strategy for the next three years.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
The CSF vision is 'to help people achieve their goals by delivering quality, innovative services through football and sport.'
For more information on the CSF Schools and Education programme contact the CSF office on 01603 761122 or visit www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk
Lappin (left) is pictured at the school.