Pupils’ joy as star pays visit
Norwich City footballer Simon Lappin appeared at Ashleigh Infant School in Wymondham on Monday to mark the culmination of a funded Community Sports Foundation multi-skills course.
Lappin joined the pupils and CSF coach Robbie Powell who has delivered the 10-week course which covered a variety of skills including generic agility, balance and co-ordination along with sending and receiving skills.
The sessions were funded by the Football League Trust and are part of the CSF multi-skills programme.
Simon enjoyed his afternoon and said afterwards: 'The multi-skills course seems to have been very beneficial for the kids. Robbie's enthusiasm played a big part and the session was all-action right from the start.'
CSF Schools and Education Development Officer Stevie Bramble added: 'The support of the Football League and School Sport Partnerships have enabled our multi-skills coaches to work with over 150 local schools for a six-week multi-skills coaching block.
You may also want to watch:
'Hopefully the children will have the opportunities to transfer their new skills into other sporting environments both in and out of curricular time.'
The Community Sports Foundation (formerly Football In The Community) has re-invented itself for 2011, announcing a new goals strategy for the next three years.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 8 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
The CSF vision is 'to help people achieve their goals by delivering quality, innovative services through football and sport.'
For more information on the CSF Schools and Education programme contact the CSF office on 01603 761122 or visit www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk
Lappin (left) is pictured at the school.