Record fish pulled from Mere
THE Mere in Diss has now produced a new record fish which when put on the scales went to over 24lb.Dave Lockley set out on April 8 for an evening session.
THE Mere in Diss has now produced a new record fish which when put on the scales went to over 24lb.
Dave Lockley set out on April 8 for an evening session. After a fruitless 90 minutes and after trying different baits, he changed his bait yet again and put on a piece of bread crust and just left it in the margins.
Twenty minutes passed and then Dave heard a noise which made him turn round and he saw his rod being pulled towards the Mere. Lockley quickly scrambled for his rod and then set about landing his prize fish.
After a 20-minute fight, Lockley slipped the net under what looked like a very good fish. A very quick call to the club's bailiff was made, so the fish could be verified and a new record was announced at 24lb 8oz.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 2 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 5 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 9 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 10 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads