Record fish pulled from Mere
THE Mere in Diss has now produced a new record fish which when put on the scales went to over 24lb.Dave Lockley set out on April 8 for an evening session.
THE Mere in Diss has now produced a new record fish which when put on the scales went to over 24lb.
Dave Lockley set out on April 8 for an evening session. After a fruitless 90 minutes and after trying different baits, he changed his bait yet again and put on a piece of bread crust and just left it in the margins.
Twenty minutes passed and then Dave heard a noise which made him turn round and he saw his rod being pulled towards the Mere. Lockley quickly scrambled for his rod and then set about landing his prize fish.
After a 20-minute fight, Lockley slipped the net under what looked like a very good fish. A very quick call to the club's bailiff was made, so the fish could be verified and a new record was announced at 24lb 8oz.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 6 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 7 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 8 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Norfolk RAF hero who lost both legs wins national awards