Record fish pulled from Mere
THE Mere in Diss has now produced a new record fish which when put on the scales went to over 24lb.Dave Lockley set out on April 8 for an evening session.
THE Mere in Diss has now produced a new record fish which when put on the scales went to over 24lb.
Dave Lockley set out on April 8 for an evening session. After a fruitless 90 minutes and after trying different baits, he changed his bait yet again and put on a piece of bread crust and just left it in the margins.
Twenty minutes passed and then Dave heard a noise which made him turn round and he saw his rod being pulled towards the Mere. Lockley quickly scrambled for his rod and then set about landing his prize fish.
After a 20-minute fight, Lockley slipped the net under what looked like a very good fish. A very quick call to the club's bailiff was made, so the fish could be verified and a new record was announced at 24lb 8oz.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards