Record fish pulled from Mere
THE Mere in Diss has now produced a new record fish which when put on the scales went to over 24lb.Dave Lockley set out on April 8 for an evening session.
THE Mere in Diss has now produced a new record fish which when put on the scales went to over 24lb.
Dave Lockley set out on April 8 for an evening session. After a fruitless 90 minutes and after trying different baits, he changed his bait yet again and put on a piece of bread crust and just left it in the margins.
Twenty minutes passed and then Dave heard a noise which made him turn round and he saw his rod being pulled towards the Mere. Lockley quickly scrambled for his rod and then set about landing his prize fish.
After a 20-minute fight, Lockley slipped the net under what looked like a very good fish. A very quick call to the club's bailiff was made, so the fish could be verified and a new record was announced at 24lb 8oz.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bounce is back as new trampoline park opens in town
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 6 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 7 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk