Record fish pulled from Mere
THE Mere in Diss has now produced a new record fish which when put on the scales went to over 24lb.Dave Lockley set out on April 8 for an evening session.
THE Mere in Diss has now produced a new record fish which when put on the scales went to over 24lb.
Dave Lockley set out on April 8 for an evening session. After a fruitless 90 minutes and after trying different baits, he changed his bait yet again and put on a piece of bread crust and just left it in the margins.
Twenty minutes passed and then Dave heard a noise which made him turn round and he saw his rod being pulled towards the Mere. Lockley quickly scrambled for his rod and then set about landing his prize fish.
After a 20-minute fight, Lockley slipped the net under what looked like a very good fish. A very quick call to the club's bailiff was made, so the fish could be verified and a new record was announced at 24lb 8oz.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 2 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 3 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 4 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 5 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 6 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 7 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 8 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 9 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 10 ‘Completely trollied’ carer drove while almost five times limit – twice