Relay good day for Otters
DISS Otters rounded off this year's Norfolk County Swimming Championships in style. Having already won 26 individual medals, the Otters added three more medals at this weekend's county relay gala which was held in the 50m pool at the UEA Sportspark, Norwich.
DISS Otters rounded off this year's Norfolk County Swimming Championships in style.
Having already won 26 individual medals, the Otters added three more medals at this weekend's county relay gala which was held in the 50m pool at the UEA Sportspark, Norwich.
The men's senior relay squad (Liam Osborne, Steve Dungar, Jamie Rush, Remi Stockwell) swam superbly to exceed all expectations and win silver in the 4x50m medley relay.
The same squad then followed up their medley success with a bronze medal in the men's senior 4x50m freestyle relay.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a well-deserved silver medal for the 11/12-year-old boys' squad (Russell Hatton, Toby Boom, Andrew Johnson, Robbie Arnold) in the 4x50m medley relay.
The same squad was unlucky not to equal their senior counterparts when they narrowly missed out on a bronze medal, finishing fourth in the 4x50m freestyle relay.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 7 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Two other Otters squads gained top- six finishes during the gala. The girls' 11/12 year-old squad (Katie Nash, Elly Osborne, Emily Lutkin, Hannah Blades, Anna Parsons) finished fourth in the 4x50m medley relay and fifth in the 4x50m freestyle relay.
There was also an excellent swim from the 9/10-year-old girls (Chloe Hayes, Alice Waterfield, Caitlin Davy, Georgia Edwards) when they finished sixth in the 4x50m special relay.