Relay good day for Otters
DISS Otters rounded off this year's Norfolk County Swimming Championships in style. Having already won 26 individual medals, the Otters added three more medals at this weekend's county relay gala which was held in the 50m pool at the UEA Sportspark, Norwich.
DISS Otters rounded off this year's Norfolk County Swimming Championships in style.
Having already won 26 individual medals, the Otters added three more medals at this weekend's county relay gala which was held in the 50m pool at the UEA Sportspark, Norwich.
The men's senior relay squad (Liam Osborne, Steve Dungar, Jamie Rush, Remi Stockwell) swam superbly to exceed all expectations and win silver in the 4x50m medley relay.
The same squad then followed up their medley success with a bronze medal in the men's senior 4x50m freestyle relay.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a well-deserved silver medal for the 11/12-year-old boys' squad (Russell Hatton, Toby Boom, Andrew Johnson, Robbie Arnold) in the 4x50m medley relay.
The same squad was unlucky not to equal their senior counterparts when they narrowly missed out on a bronze medal, finishing fourth in the 4x50m freestyle relay.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
Two other Otters squads gained top- six finishes during the gala. The girls' 11/12 year-old squad (Katie Nash, Elly Osborne, Emily Lutkin, Hannah Blades, Anna Parsons) finished fourth in the 4x50m medley relay and fifth in the 4x50m freestyle relay.
There was also an excellent swim from the 9/10-year-old girls (Chloe Hayes, Alice Waterfield, Caitlin Davy, Georgia Edwards) when they finished sixth in the 4x50m special relay.