Reserves give leaders a battle
Diss Town Reserves 1, Dereham Town Reserves 2Bottle-of-the-table Diss Reserves were narrowly beaten by leaders Dereham Reserves in a close match at Brewers Green lane last Saturday.
Diss Town Reserves 1, Dereham Town Reserves 2
Bottle-of-the-table Diss Reserves were narrowly beaten by leaders Dereham Reserves in a close match at Brewers Green lane last Saturday.
Dereham took the lead in the eighth minute when a high cross from the left eluded Aaron Bunn and the ball was stabbed across at the far post for Troy Bond to tap in from on the goal line.
Dereham had more of the first half attacking with Bunn taking some long range efforts comfortably.
You may also want to watch:
Diss equalised in the 54th minute. Damian Phelan won the ball and found Kirk Bardsley. His ball into the danger area Rob Coote's shot deflected kindly into the path of Steve Wright.
With goalkeeper Matthew Powley committed to the direction of Coote's shot Wright was able to steer the loose ball into the unguarded net.
- 1 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 2 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 5 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 6 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 7 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 8 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
Ross Myhill came close to putting The Tangerines ahead in the 62nd minute with a shot which flashed across the face of goal. The winning goal came in the 67th minute when a superb right wing cross from Zac Baker was powerfully headed in by Sam Eastoe-Smith on the run from seven yards out.
Carl Branson headed over at a good chance to a Simon Jackson free kick and Myhill had a shot saved by Powley on the turn to a Olly Verrell centre as Diss went in search of an equaliser.
Diss man of the Match: Ross Myhill has played at Hadleigh for the last four years and looked a quality player on the right.
Diss team: Aaron Bunn, Ryan McFadden, Chris Mooney, Carl Branson, Rob Coote, Jody Peacher, Ross Myhill, Simon Jackson, Danny Roche, Steve Wright, Kirk Bardsley.
Diss subs: Damian Phelan (for Roche at half time), Max Rissmann, Robbie Goodwin, Craig Tullis and Olly Verrell (for Peacher 78 mins). Attendance: 14.
Diss Reserves will be away at Woodbridge Town Reserves on Saturday (kick off 3pm).