Reserves give leaders a battle
Diss Town Reserves 1, Dereham Town Reserves 2Bottle-of-the-table Diss Reserves were narrowly beaten by leaders Dereham Reserves in a close match at Brewers Green lane last Saturday.
Diss Town Reserves 1, Dereham Town Reserves 2
Bottle-of-the-table Diss Reserves were narrowly beaten by leaders Dereham Reserves in a close match at Brewers Green lane last Saturday.
Dereham took the lead in the eighth minute when a high cross from the left eluded Aaron Bunn and the ball was stabbed across at the far post for Troy Bond to tap in from on the goal line.
Dereham had more of the first half attacking with Bunn taking some long range efforts comfortably.
You may also want to watch:
Diss equalised in the 54th minute. Damian Phelan won the ball and found Kirk Bardsley. His ball into the danger area Rob Coote's shot deflected kindly into the path of Steve Wright.
With goalkeeper Matthew Powley committed to the direction of Coote's shot Wright was able to steer the loose ball into the unguarded net.
- 1 Pink Ladies' Tractor Road Run to return this summer
- 2 Natural England concerned over blueprint for thousands of homes
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Home plan for village pub shelved
- 6 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 7 Norfolk gardens to star in forthcoming Channel 5 show
- 8 Five days of resurfacing work costing almost £10k planned for village road
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
Ross Myhill came close to putting The Tangerines ahead in the 62nd minute with a shot which flashed across the face of goal. The winning goal came in the 67th minute when a superb right wing cross from Zac Baker was powerfully headed in by Sam Eastoe-Smith on the run from seven yards out.
Carl Branson headed over at a good chance to a Simon Jackson free kick and Myhill had a shot saved by Powley on the turn to a Olly Verrell centre as Diss went in search of an equaliser.
Diss man of the Match: Ross Myhill has played at Hadleigh for the last four years and looked a quality player on the right.
Diss team: Aaron Bunn, Ryan McFadden, Chris Mooney, Carl Branson, Rob Coote, Jody Peacher, Ross Myhill, Simon Jackson, Danny Roche, Steve Wright, Kirk Bardsley.
Diss subs: Damian Phelan (for Roche at half time), Max Rissmann, Robbie Goodwin, Craig Tullis and Olly Verrell (for Peacher 78 mins). Attendance: 14.
Diss Reserves will be away at Woodbridge Town Reserves on Saturday (kick off 3pm).