Rick Wakeman sees battle at Diss GC
The Bob the Cat Trophy competition was held at Diss Golf Club.This very popular competition, sponsored by celebrity musician Rick Wakeman, is soon over- subscribed once the sign up sheet goes up on the notice board.
The Bob the Cat Trophy competition was held at Diss Golf Club.
This very popular competition, sponsored by celebrity musician Rick Wakeman, is soon over- subscribed once the sign up sheet goes up on the notice board.
The competition saw 28 teams of four playing four-ball better ball stableford, three-quarters handicap. Special scorecards for the day, plus an information sheet explained the various rules for various holes.
Rick thanked everyone for playing, invited the club captain Chris Castle to present the prizes and thanked the greens staff and caterers for a good job done.
You may also want to watch:
Results: 1 Bob the Cat 94 points Phil Scott, Godfrey Batley, Alan Crowest, Lawrence Chapman; 2 The Burmese Cats 93 John Wall, Pauline Wall, John Burroughes, Lorna Burroughes; 3 The Kittens 92 ocb Tony Brown, Pat Brown, Mike Clews, Chrissie Clews; 4 The Moggies 92 David Bailey, John Lister, Barry Fisher, Phil Slapp.
Nearest the pin in three 17th: Archie Moore. Nearest the pin 15th: Mal Page. Nearest the pin 7th: Mike Tooke. Nearest the pin 1st: Helen Lawson. Longest Drive: Tom Bailey, (who also shot 66 for the day).
- 1 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 2 Care home's visitor pod helps residents stay connected with loved ones
- 3 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 4 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 5 Six-year-old cycles 100 laps to raise money for homeless
- 6 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 9 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
After the prize-giving Rick introduced a friend of his, comedian/magician Micky Travis who thoroughly entertained the golfers.
A club spokesperson said: 'It was a very good day and we all look forward to the next one. A big thank you to Mr and Mrs Wakeman.'