Rick Wakeman sees battle at Diss GC
The Bob the Cat Trophy competition was held at Diss Golf Club.This very popular competition, sponsored by celebrity musician Rick Wakeman, is soon over- subscribed once the sign up sheet goes up on the notice board.
The Bob the Cat Trophy competition was held at Diss Golf Club.
This very popular competition, sponsored by celebrity musician Rick Wakeman, is soon over- subscribed once the sign up sheet goes up on the notice board.
The competition saw 28 teams of four playing four-ball better ball stableford, three-quarters handicap. Special scorecards for the day, plus an information sheet explained the various rules for various holes.
Rick thanked everyone for playing, invited the club captain Chris Castle to present the prizes and thanked the greens staff and caterers for a good job done.
Results: 1 Bob the Cat 94 points Phil Scott, Godfrey Batley, Alan Crowest, Lawrence Chapman; 2 The Burmese Cats 93 John Wall, Pauline Wall, John Burroughes, Lorna Burroughes; 3 The Kittens 92 ocb Tony Brown, Pat Brown, Mike Clews, Chrissie Clews; 4 The Moggies 92 David Bailey, John Lister, Barry Fisher, Phil Slapp.
Nearest the pin in three 17th: Archie Moore. Nearest the pin 15th: Mal Page. Nearest the pin 7th: Mike Tooke. Nearest the pin 1st: Helen Lawson. Longest Drive: Tom Bailey, (who also shot 66 for the day).
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 Three Suffolk pubs join forces for Jubilee weekend beer festival
- 3 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 4 Diss mayor hopes to see town 'prosper' following re-election
- 5 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 8 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 9 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
After the prize-giving Rick introduced a friend of his, comedian/magician Micky Travis who thoroughly entertained the golfers.
A club spokesperson said: 'It was a very good day and we all look forward to the next one. A big thank you to Mr and Mrs Wakeman.'