Rocastle condemns his former side Diss Town to narrow defeat at the FDC
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town suffered a narrow defeat in their ever fixture with Norwich CBS, formerly Spixworth, at the FDC at Bowthorpe.
Still hurting from an 8-0 home thumping the previous weekend, the Tangerines turned in a performance that gained in confidence as the game wore on and could easily have yielded a point as they had the better second half chances.
Jake Heyhoe made his debut in the Diss goal in the Thurlow Nunn League Division One fixture and made some good first half saves, all at the expense of ex-Tangerine Jordan Rocastle.
The first save came in the 15th minute when the giant keeper leapt to palm away as Rocastle attempted to float the ball in from 25 yards out. Heyhoe used his legs to block from Rocastle in the 32nd minute with the forward putting the rebound high, but less than a minute later he scored the only goal of the game.
Rocastle beat a defender on his run into the penalty area and rounded the diving Heyhoe before shooting in. Diss were passing the ball around well but were restricted to long range off target shots and at times were guilty of too many passes and not enough shots.
You may also want to watch:
The tempo of the game increased in the second half. with Diss pinning their hosts back for reasonable periods of play.
Some of the CBS defending was hurried at times and the Tangerines grew in confidence the longer the game went on.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 Norfolk conservation groups get £1.5m boost from Green Recovery Fund
- 9 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
The closest effort to a Diss goal came in the 75th minute when Ryan Beeston played the ball in for Virgilio Leitao to cut in from the left.
He steadied himself and his shot from a central position 20 yards out rattled the post with John Howes well beaten. The ball bounced awkwardly and with the goal gaping Nuno Nogueira scuffed his shot. It looped slowly and Howes was forced to dive to push it away, just as it seemed destined to slowly cross the line.
Good Diss pressure at free kicks and corners in added time kept CBS defenders at full stretch and Will Goulding's goal bound shot was blocked.
Diss Town: Heyhoe, Pope, Beeson, Tipple, Ramsay, Vincent, Nogueira, Gathercole, Leitao, Doyle, Lambe. Subs: Lemon, Goulding (for Doyle 72), Cooke, Sparrow, Lewis Riches.
Diss Town are looking for a first team physio with details on the club website.