Rocastle hits 20 goals for Diss
Long Melford 0, Diss Town 3
Diss continued their Ridgeons League Division One promotion push with a fourth successive 3-0 win.
After three minutes Jordan Rocastle beat three men when running from 25 yards out and went into the penalty area. His low shot was palmed out by Paul Wood but Danny Partridge blasted his right-foot shot high from four yards out.
The busy Rocastle was narrowly wide with a snap shot after being closed down from 12 yards out when Jason Cole, back in the side after an absence due to a cricket coaching course, played a perfect through ball into his path in the 16th minute.
A spectacular overhead kick from Rocastle rattled the home bar in the 22nd minute and the next chance was only a minute away. Rocastle beat his man wide on the left and his well-weighted centre saw Partridge guide his right foot volley wide from eight yards out.
Matty Webster made only one save in the match. It came in the 25th minute when he dived low to his right to push away a right foot volley from Adam Flack to a cross from the right.
In the 29th minute a free kick was played into the penalty area and Sam Bryant scored his fifth goal of the season with a right foot shot from 12 yards.
- 1 New Lidl could create 40 'living wage' jobs
- 2 Two crashes in one hour in Pulham Market area
- 3 WATCH: Norfolk MP says PM birthday celebration a 'relatively minor offence'
- 4 Fast-growing audio-visual company snaps up another business
- 5 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 6 The battle of Bressingham... the village torn apart by energy scheme
- 7 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 8 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 9 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 10 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
Ten minutes before half-time Rocastle controlled the ball before blasting in with his right foot from 12 yards out for his 20th goal of the season. Catchpole hit the post in the 61st minute after a quiet opening to the second half. Seven minutes later Briscoe collected a second yellow card for a foul. Cole hit the bar from the edge of the penalty area in the 73rd minute. Three minutes later The Tangerines completed the scoring, Partridge netting from close range after a corner.
Diss: Matty Webster, Jonny King, Stuart Garner, Mark Shadrack, Stefan Gilding, Jon Abbott, Jason Cole, Luke Catchpole, Danny Partridge, Jordan Rocastle, Sam Bryant. Diss subs: Tom Deller (for Cole 81 mins), Danny Wynne (for Bryant 76 mins) and George Watts-Sturrock (for Catchpole 74 mins).
Diss entertain Stowmarket on Saturday.