Roger aiming to drive Diss to success
- Credit: Archant
With the new season about to start the players of Diss Rugby Club are raring to go after narrowly missing out on promotion last season, when they were pipped in the play-off final in the last five minutes.
The club and its supporters have been working hard all summer making numerous improvements in all areas including securing a sponsored car from AW&D Hammond, Ford Dealers in Halesworth, long-time sponsors of the club.
Roger Coombs, now into his second season as head coach, has strengthened both the coaching and physio teams during his tenure. He also brings with him a wealth of experience, including a spell coaching the Pakistan national side.
Promotion to London One North is his main objective.
'Having reliable transportation enables me to carry out my duties with a lot more ease and allows me to concentrate on the important things like moving the club in the right direction' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Marjoram of AW&D Hammond added: 'We have been long standing supporters of Diss Rugby Club for many years. The car will be put to good use by Roger and will help him keep mobile in his coaching and scouting roles.'
Diss continue their preparations for the new league season with a home friendly against Stowmarket on Saturday.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 6 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 7 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations