Roger aiming to drive Diss to success
- Credit: Archant
With the new season about to start the players of Diss Rugby Club are raring to go after narrowly missing out on promotion last season, when they were pipped in the play-off final in the last five minutes.
The club and its supporters have been working hard all summer making numerous improvements in all areas including securing a sponsored car from AW&D Hammond, Ford Dealers in Halesworth, long-time sponsors of the club.
Roger Coombs, now into his second season as head coach, has strengthened both the coaching and physio teams during his tenure. He also brings with him a wealth of experience, including a spell coaching the Pakistan national side.
Promotion to London One North is his main objective.
'Having reliable transportation enables me to carry out my duties with a lot more ease and allows me to concentrate on the important things like moving the club in the right direction' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Marjoram of AW&D Hammond added: 'We have been long standing supporters of Diss Rugby Club for many years. The car will be put to good use by Roger and will help him keep mobile in his coaching and scouting roles.'
Diss continue their preparations for the new league season with a home friendly against Stowmarket on Saturday.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards