Roger aiming to drive Diss to success
- Credit: Archant
With the new season about to start the players of Diss Rugby Club are raring to go after narrowly missing out on promotion last season, when they were pipped in the play-off final in the last five minutes.
The club and its supporters have been working hard all summer making numerous improvements in all areas including securing a sponsored car from AW&D Hammond, Ford Dealers in Halesworth, long-time sponsors of the club.
Roger Coombs, now into his second season as head coach, has strengthened both the coaching and physio teams during his tenure. He also brings with him a wealth of experience, including a spell coaching the Pakistan national side.
Promotion to London One North is his main objective.
'Having reliable transportation enables me to carry out my duties with a lot more ease and allows me to concentrate on the important things like moving the club in the right direction' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Marjoram of AW&D Hammond added: 'We have been long standing supporters of Diss Rugby Club for many years. The car will be put to good use by Roger and will help him keep mobile in his coaching and scouting roles.'
Diss continue their preparations for the new league season with a home friendly against Stowmarket on Saturday.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"