Rugby: Diss Under-7s win on home ground in annual Minis Development Festival
Diss Rugby Club hosted their annual Minis Development Festival on Sunday.
Twelve clubs from Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex entered more than 60 teams in age groups from U7 to U12.
Everyone played well and one of the highlights was the Diss U7 team who won their age group. Having beaten Stowmarket, North Norfolk Babas and West Norfolk to gain maximum points from their pool, they progressed to the final against a North Walsham side who also qualified with maximum points.
It was a tightly contested game with both sides playing some excellent tag rugby with Diss the eventual winners 6-5.
The tournament was sponsored by QD Stores.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock