Rugby: Diss Under-7s win on home ground in annual Minis Development Festival
Diss Rugby Club hosted their annual Minis Development Festival on Sunday.
Twelve clubs from Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex entered more than 60 teams in age groups from U7 to U12.
Everyone played well and one of the highlights was the Diss U7 team who won their age group. Having beaten Stowmarket, North Norfolk Babas and West Norfolk to gain maximum points from their pool, they progressed to the final against a North Walsham side who also qualified with maximum points.
It was a tightly contested game with both sides playing some excellent tag rugby with Diss the eventual winners 6-5.
The tournament was sponsored by QD Stores.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 3 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 8 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 9 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days