Rugby World Cup final referee to be star guest at Wymondham’s big event
- Credit: PA
Rugby World Cup final referee Nigel Owens will be the special guest at the biggest sporting dinner in the east.
Some 600 people will be at Wymondham Rugby Club's annual fundraising dinner on May 17 to hear from the man who is used to taking control of games watched by millions of fans.
'It's fantastic that Nigel can make it this year,' explained WRFC chairman, Andrew Kilby. 'We had got Nigel booked last year but he had to take charge of the Champions Cup final so couldn't come.
Welshman Owens is known his quick-witted put-downs of players in a sport where the ref is frequently one of the smallest people on the pitch.
Any bad behaviour can expect to be met with the reminder: 'This is not soccer!'
You may also want to watch:
Master of ceremonies will be Roger Dakin. Tickets for the dinner cost £70 and are available from Emma Burton on 07719 815340 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants