Rugby World Cup final referee to be star guest at Wymondham’s big event
- Credit: PA
Rugby World Cup final referee Nigel Owens will be the special guest at the biggest sporting dinner in the east.
Some 600 people will be at Wymondham Rugby Club's annual fundraising dinner on May 17 to hear from the man who is used to taking control of games watched by millions of fans.
'It's fantastic that Nigel can make it this year,' explained WRFC chairman, Andrew Kilby. 'We had got Nigel booked last year but he had to take charge of the Champions Cup final so couldn't come.
Welshman Owens is known his quick-witted put-downs of players in a sport where the ref is frequently one of the smallest people on the pitch.
Any bad behaviour can expect to be met with the reminder: 'This is not soccer!'
You may also want to watch:
Master of ceremonies will be Roger Dakin. Tickets for the dinner cost £70 and are available from Emma Burton on 07719 815340 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 6 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 9 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing