Scole Vets up and running
Finningham 2, Scole Vets 3SCOLE VETERANS' first-ever fixture was a friendly against a younger Finningham side from the Ipswich Sunday Morning League, played in bright sunshine at Kerrison School, Thorndon.
Finningham 2, Scole Vets 3
SCOLE VETERANS' first-ever fixture was a friendly against a younger Finningham side from the Ipswich Sunday Morning League, played in bright sunshine at Kerrison School, Thorndon. As the first half progressed, the Vets confidence increased and looked increasingly threatening through Andy Rodwell and Gary Watkinson. Ian Constance and Richard Wootton battled well in the centre of the midfield and the back four looked solid. The home side failed to trouble Philip Edwards much in the Vets' goal, with Danny White and Micky Ellis dealing with most of the danger. As an evenly fought first half came to a close, McCourt gave the home side the lead with a fantastic finish from 25 yards giving Philip Edwards no chance.
The second half started with the Vets undeterred, still trying to play their football against the long ball tactics of the home team. Unfortunately, the home side went further ahead soon after half-time, scoring from close range in a goal-mouth scramble. Changes were made by the Vets and a few minutes later Dale Barrett pulled a goal back. After good work by Gary Watkinson to hold the ball up, he laid back to the experienced Tansley Rolingson to equalise from 12 yards. The home side then threw long balls forward, but these were easily dealt with by the experienced defence. After another substitution, Scole then took the lead when Ant Payne broke away and slotted home with his left past the onrushing Woodgate. Finningham continued to push forward, though their long ball tactic was easily defended by the impressive Danny White, Micky Ellis, Andy Aldous and Kevin Harvey.
The Vets were ecstatic when the final whistle was blown to have started with a well earned victory.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 5 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 6 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'