Second half penalty ends Boro’s hopes
- Credit: Archant
After a hard-fought 1-0 win at Hindringham last week, Boro were on their travels again when they visited promotion hopefuls Hellesdon.
Despite starting brightly, Boro were forced to change after 20 minutes in as the home side took control. Boro hit back as they changed to a 4-4-2 formation but the half ended goalless.
Boro began to take control and posed a constant threat in the second half. They were rewarded for their fine play when they earned a penalty on 66 minutes as Miles was sent tumbling. Mann stepped up but saw his penalty palmed around the post.
With the clock ticking down, Boro were hit by the ultimate sucker-punch on the counter. Hellesdon broke with speed down their right flank and a dangerous cross was met by the head of Mac Gee.
Boro welcome Bungay on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Team: Bint, Snowling (Carr), Beales, Smith, Brown, Dawes (Wright), Mann, Venables, Rivett (Large), Flynn, Miles.
- 1 Investigation as farm video claims to show chickens 'deformed and dying'
- 2 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 3 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 6 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 7 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 8 The 57 Norfolk and Waveney schools offering summer holiday catch-up classes
- 9 Your nominations needed for People's Choice at Norfolk Arts Awards 2021
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month