Second half penalty ends Boro’s hopes
- Credit: Archant
After a hard-fought 1-0 win at Hindringham last week, Boro were on their travels again when they visited promotion hopefuls Hellesdon.
Despite starting brightly, Boro were forced to change after 20 minutes in as the home side took control. Boro hit back as they changed to a 4-4-2 formation but the half ended goalless.
Boro began to take control and posed a constant threat in the second half. They were rewarded for their fine play when they earned a penalty on 66 minutes as Miles was sent tumbling. Mann stepped up but saw his penalty palmed around the post.
With the clock ticking down, Boro were hit by the ultimate sucker-punch on the counter. Hellesdon broke with speed down their right flank and a dangerous cross was met by the head of Mac Gee.
Boro welcome Bungay on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Team: Bint, Snowling (Carr), Beales, Smith, Brown, Dawes (Wright), Mann, Venables, Rivett (Large), Flynn, Miles.
- 1 Bounce is back as new trampoline park opens in town
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 6 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 7 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk