Second half penalty ends Boro’s hopes
- Credit: Archant
After a hard-fought 1-0 win at Hindringham last week, Boro were on their travels again when they visited promotion hopefuls Hellesdon.
Despite starting brightly, Boro were forced to change after 20 minutes in as the home side took control. Boro hit back as they changed to a 4-4-2 formation but the half ended goalless.
Boro began to take control and posed a constant threat in the second half. They were rewarded for their fine play when they earned a penalty on 66 minutes as Miles was sent tumbling. Mann stepped up but saw his penalty palmed around the post.
With the clock ticking down, Boro were hit by the ultimate sucker-punch on the counter. Hellesdon broke with speed down their right flank and a dangerous cross was met by the head of Mac Gee.
Boro welcome Bungay on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Team: Bint, Snowling (Carr), Beales, Smith, Brown, Dawes (Wright), Mann, Venables, Rivett (Large), Flynn, Miles.
- 1 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 2 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 9 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 10 Report into Norfolk Christmas floods could take six months