Shipp makes fine debut
Diss kickboxer Lee Shipp gave an outstanding performance against Essex fighter Chris Lovell in Ipswich on his full-contact debut.Instructor Adrian Poulter said: 'Although he lost on points he did really well.
Diss kickboxer Lee Shipp gave an outstanding performance against Essex fighter Chris Lovell in Ipswich on his full-contact debut.
Instructor Adrian Poulter said: 'Although he lost on points he did really well. The other fighter had had three fights and this was his first.'
Shipp's pre-fight training schedule was as follows, four club training sessions a week plus two personal coaching sessions with instructors Adrian Poulter and Mike Huskisson.
Lee also ran a three-mile course around Diss four times a week.
You may also want to watch:
A big thanks to family friends and Reflex club students who gave their vocal support to Ship and Hunt on the night.
Top of the bill was Suffolk-based Marlon the game Hunt vs Lukas Wolf (Czech Republic) Marlon won this 12-round fight via a points decision. Hunt is now a six-times world champion.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 8 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 9 Family tribute to 'colourful legend' killed in Norfolk crash
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
In March 18 Reflex Martial Arts club students also competed in light continuous kickboxing shows at Gillingham in Kent and Thurston, near Bury St Edmunds.
The club teaches junior and senior Kickboxing and Kung Fu classes in the area, call Adrian on 07949187169 for further details.