Shipp makes fine debut
Diss kickboxer Lee Shipp gave an outstanding performance against Essex fighter Chris Lovell in Ipswich on his full-contact debut.Instructor Adrian Poulter said: 'Although he lost on points he did really well.
Diss kickboxer Lee Shipp gave an outstanding performance against Essex fighter Chris Lovell in Ipswich on his full-contact debut.
Instructor Adrian Poulter said: 'Although he lost on points he did really well. The other fighter had had three fights and this was his first.'
Shipp's pre-fight training schedule was as follows, four club training sessions a week plus two personal coaching sessions with instructors Adrian Poulter and Mike Huskisson.
Lee also ran a three-mile course around Diss four times a week.
A big thanks to family friends and Reflex club students who gave their vocal support to Ship and Hunt on the night.
Top of the bill was Suffolk-based Marlon the game Hunt vs Lukas Wolf (Czech Republic) Marlon won this 12-round fight via a points decision. Hunt is now a six-times world champion.
- 1 New crafting event coming to East Anglia this summer
- 2 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 4 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 5 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 6 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 7 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 8 War memorabilia to be displayed at Armed Forces Day in Diss
- 9 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 10 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
In March 18 Reflex Martial Arts club students also competed in light continuous kickboxing shows at Gillingham in Kent and Thurston, near Bury St Edmunds.
The club teaches junior and senior Kickboxing and Kung Fu classes in the area, call Adrian on 07949187169 for further details.