Shipp makes fine debut
Diss kickboxer Lee Shipp gave an outstanding performance against Essex fighter Chris Lovell in Ipswich on his full-contact debut.Instructor Adrian Poulter said: 'Although he lost on points he did really well.
Diss kickboxer Lee Shipp gave an outstanding performance against Essex fighter Chris Lovell in Ipswich on his full-contact debut.
Instructor Adrian Poulter said: 'Although he lost on points he did really well. The other fighter had had three fights and this was his first.'
Shipp's pre-fight training schedule was as follows, four club training sessions a week plus two personal coaching sessions with instructors Adrian Poulter and Mike Huskisson.
Lee also ran a three-mile course around Diss four times a week.
You may also want to watch:
A big thanks to family friends and Reflex club students who gave their vocal support to Ship and Hunt on the night.
Top of the bill was Suffolk-based Marlon the game Hunt vs Lukas Wolf (Czech Republic) Marlon won this 12-round fight via a points decision. Hunt is now a six-times world champion.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 9 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 10 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
In March 18 Reflex Martial Arts club students also competed in light continuous kickboxing shows at Gillingham in Kent and Thurston, near Bury St Edmunds.
The club teaches junior and senior Kickboxing and Kung Fu classes in the area, call Adrian on 07949187169 for further details.