Shipp makes fine debut
Diss kickboxer Lee Shipp gave an outstanding performance against Essex fighter Chris Lovell in Ipswich on his full-contact debut.Instructor Adrian Poulter said: 'Although he lost on points he did really well.
Diss kickboxer Lee Shipp gave an outstanding performance against Essex fighter Chris Lovell in Ipswich on his full-contact debut.
Instructor Adrian Poulter said: 'Although he lost on points he did really well. The other fighter had had three fights and this was his first.'
Shipp's pre-fight training schedule was as follows, four club training sessions a week plus two personal coaching sessions with instructors Adrian Poulter and Mike Huskisson.
Lee also ran a three-mile course around Diss four times a week.
You may also want to watch:
A big thanks to family friends and Reflex club students who gave their vocal support to Ship and Hunt on the night.
Top of the bill was Suffolk-based Marlon the game Hunt vs Lukas Wolf (Czech Republic) Marlon won this 12-round fight via a points decision. Hunt is now a six-times world champion.
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 5 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
In March 18 Reflex Martial Arts club students also competed in light continuous kickboxing shows at Gillingham in Kent and Thurston, near Bury St Edmunds.
The club teaches junior and senior Kickboxing and Kung Fu classes in the area, call Adrian on 07949187169 for further details.