Shipp makes fine debut
Diss kickboxer Lee Shipp gave an outstanding performance against Essex fighter Chris Lovell in Ipswich on his full-contact debut.Instructor Adrian Poulter said: 'Although he lost on points he did really well.
Diss kickboxer Lee Shipp gave an outstanding performance against Essex fighter Chris Lovell in Ipswich on his full-contact debut.
Instructor Adrian Poulter said: 'Although he lost on points he did really well. The other fighter had had three fights and this was his first.'
Shipp's pre-fight training schedule was as follows, four club training sessions a week plus two personal coaching sessions with instructors Adrian Poulter and Mike Huskisson.
Lee also ran a three-mile course around Diss four times a week.
A big thanks to family friends and Reflex club students who gave their vocal support to Ship and Hunt on the night.
Top of the bill was Suffolk-based Marlon the game Hunt vs Lukas Wolf (Czech Republic) Marlon won this 12-round fight via a points decision. Hunt is now a six-times world champion.
- 1 New Lidl could create 40 'living wage' jobs
- 2 Two crashes in one hour in Pulham Market area
- 3 WATCH: Norfolk MP says PM birthday celebration a 'relatively minor offence'
- 4 Fast-growing audio-visual company snaps up another business
- 5 The battle of Bressingham... the village torn apart by energy scheme
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 8 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 9 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 10 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
In March 18 Reflex Martial Arts club students also competed in light continuous kickboxing shows at Gillingham in Kent and Thurston, near Bury St Edmunds.
The club teaches junior and senior Kickboxing and Kung Fu classes in the area, call Adrian on 07949187169 for further details.