South Norfolk youngsters to run out at Welford Road
Young rugby players from Diss and Wymondham will have 'the experience of a lifetime' when they run out at Welford Road this Saturday in the Prima Tiger Bowl.
The U10 teams from Wymondham RFC and Diss RFC will play at the world-famous home of the Leicester Tigers as a curtain-raiser to their Heineken Cup clash with Aironi Rugby.
Wymondham face Nottinghamshire side Southwell and Diss take on Burton from Staffordshire.
The other quarter-final games see Leicestershire side Melton take on Wolverhampton and Leicester Forest play Tamworth from Staffordshire.
The Prima Tiger Bowl is supported by Loughborough-based Prima Solutions and was launched two seasons age due to the growth of the Prima Tiger Cup. It sees teams who narrowly missed out on reaching the knock-out stages of the cup competition enjoy their chance to play at Welford Road.
You may also want to watch:
Scott Clarke, Tigers community manager, said: 'For these young players, running out at Welford Road is the chance of a lifetime and an experience they will never forget.
'There are players in the Tigers first-team squad who have played at Welford Road in the Prima competition, including Sam Harrison who describes it as the highlight of his rugby-playing career.'
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 7 Town's Estate Agent offers to print school work for children during lockdown
- 8 Weather warning issued for icy surfaces
- 9 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney
Tickets for Tigers' Heineken Cup clash with Aironi this Saturday (kick-off 3.40pm) are available now from the Tigers ticket office at Welford Road, by calling 0844 856 1880 or visiting the club website www.leicestertigers.com