Sportif double delight
LE Diss Sportif completed a league double over Norwich Nova to stay clear of the danger zone in Division Two of the Norfolk Petanque League.They followed up the early-season 4-1 home win with a 3-2 victory at Thorpe St Andrew.
LE Diss Sportif completed a league double over Norwich Nova to stay clear of the danger zone in Division Two of the Norfolk Petanque League.
They followed up the early-season 4-1 home win with a 3-2 victory at Thorpe St Andrew.
Dave Smith, Lindsay Penny and Mick Clarke won the opening triples and wins in the doubles for the partnerships of Smith/Penny and Clarke/Jan Barsby secured the aggregate 51-46 success.
Diss Duval's home game with St Faiths Wallabies was postponed.
You may also want to watch:
In the Suffolk Coastal League, Diss Sunset Boulevards moved to within a point of Blyth Division leaders Hoxne Swan with a 3-1 victory over Walberswick Bell Inn.
Jan Barsby was on the winning team twice, teaming up with Mick Clarke and Lindsay Penny.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 5 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 9 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 10 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
The deciding win came courtesy of Clarke and Liz Rudling.
Division Two: Norwich Nova 2 Le Diss Sportif 3 (aggregate 46-51).
Triples (Diss names first): D Smith, L Penny, M Clarke beat R and J Knowles, S Presley 13-9; J and J Barsby, D Marsh lost 7-13 to J Taylor, O and A Sayer.
Doubles: D Smith, L Penny beat R Knowles, S Presley 13-7; John Barsby, D Marsh lost 5-13 to O and A Sayer; M Clarke, Jan Barsby beat J and I Taylor 13-4.
Suffolk Coastal League
Blyth Division: Sunset Boulevards (Diss) 3 Walberswick Bell Inn 1 (aggregate 45-28).
Diss names first: L Penny, L Rudling lost 6-13 to D Goodchild, N Blunt; M Clarke, J Barsby beat K Goodchild, W Webb 13-6; L Penny, J Barsby beat P Ireland, N Blunt 13-6; L Rudling, M Clarke beat D and K Goodchild 13-3.