Sprint test for Otters
Five swimmers from Diss Otters Swimming Club travelled to Downham Market for the West Norfolk Sprint Open Meet. Three elite squad girls took on some of their local rivals with great results.
Five swimmers from Diss Otters Swimming Club travelled to Downham Market for the West Norfolk Sprint Open Meet.
Three elite squad girls took on some of their local rivals with great results.
Hannah Blades achieved seventh place in the 50m fly, fifth place in the 100m IM, fourth in the 25m and 50m free as well as the 50m back.
Maya Harris finished fourth in the 100m IM and 50m free, second in the 25m free and 50m fly and finished the day with a win in the 50m breaststroke.
You may also want to watch:
Elly Osborne finished third in the 25m free and two strong second place finishes in the 100m IM and the 50m free.
Kevin Osborne competed in selected morning events (not fancying the 100m IM) however performed superbly in the 50m back and 25m free finishing seventh and sixth respectively.
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 3 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 4 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Care home residents delighted by alpaca visit
- 9 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 10 Cash For Charites: Last call to apply for £20,000
Finally Ryan Hargrave competed in all events throughout the day (and still attended training that evening). He finished sixth in the 50m back and 100m IM, fifth in the 50m free, fourth in the 25m free and 50m brst and third in the 50m fly.
Congratulations go out to all the swimmers and an invitation to all other club members to get involved in the fun of open competition.
Diss Otters are always looking for new swimmers, to come and get involved in training and competition book a free trial with Jamie on 07738 427735.