Sprint test for Otters
Five swimmers from Diss Otters Swimming Club travelled to Downham Market for the West Norfolk Sprint Open Meet. Three elite squad girls took on some of their local rivals with great results.
Five swimmers from Diss Otters Swimming Club travelled to Downham Market for the West Norfolk Sprint Open Meet.
Three elite squad girls took on some of their local rivals with great results.
Hannah Blades achieved seventh place in the 50m fly, fifth place in the 100m IM, fourth in the 25m and 50m free as well as the 50m back.
Maya Harris finished fourth in the 100m IM and 50m free, second in the 25m free and 50m fly and finished the day with a win in the 50m breaststroke.
You may also want to watch:
Elly Osborne finished third in the 25m free and two strong second place finishes in the 100m IM and the 50m free.
Kevin Osborne competed in selected morning events (not fancying the 100m IM) however performed superbly in the 50m back and 25m free finishing seventh and sixth respectively.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
Finally Ryan Hargrave competed in all events throughout the day (and still attended training that evening). He finished sixth in the 50m back and 100m IM, fifth in the 50m free, fourth in the 25m free and 50m brst and third in the 50m fly.
Congratulations go out to all the swimmers and an invitation to all other club members to get involved in the fun of open competition.
Diss Otters are always looking for new swimmers, to come and get involved in training and competition book a free trial with Jamie on 07738 427735.