Stradbroke A find it hard to get going
In the MSC Suffolk Alliance Section A, Stradbroke A have started the season with two defeats, both following the same pattern.
Their curtain-raiser against Sudbourne Hall, saw a rusty bowling attack unable to cope with ex-Suffolk batsman Micky Peck (147).
The last nine batsmen scored just 29 between them as Joe Pearson (4-73) and James Ling (4-43) including a hat-trick, saw the visitors bowled out for 226.
Sadly, the home side kept finding ways of getting out extravagantly.
A straight bat is an unhappy bat, it seems, with only Benji Spinks (46) looking at ease.
You may also want to watch:
A completely new bowling attack travelled to BT and that lack of penetration saw Kevin Nunn (96 no) score at will.
Lee Bedwell (4-56) and Alan Barker (5-55) eventually found some rhythm, the last seven batsmen scoring 18 between them.
- 1 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
Chasing 218, Stradbroke were never really in the hunt, but on a positive note, 15-year-old Liam Smith hit a cultured 56 not out, a sign of good things to come.