Stradbroke A find it hard to get going
In the MSC Suffolk Alliance Section A, Stradbroke A have started the season with two defeats, both following the same pattern.
Their curtain-raiser against Sudbourne Hall, saw a rusty bowling attack unable to cope with ex-Suffolk batsman Micky Peck (147).
The last nine batsmen scored just 29 between them as Joe Pearson (4-73) and James Ling (4-43) including a hat-trick, saw the visitors bowled out for 226.
Sadly, the home side kept finding ways of getting out extravagantly.
A straight bat is an unhappy bat, it seems, with only Benji Spinks (46) looking at ease.
A completely new bowling attack travelled to BT and that lack of penetration saw Kevin Nunn (96 no) score at will.
Lee Bedwell (4-56) and Alan Barker (5-55) eventually found some rhythm, the last seven batsmen scoring 18 between them.
- 1 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 5 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 6 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 9 Recipe: Make our Cherries Jubilee cake
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
Chasing 218, Stradbroke were never really in the hunt, but on a positive note, 15-year-old Liam Smith hit a cultured 56 not out, a sign of good things to come.