Stradbroke eye up title
Whisper it quietly, but only Armageddon can stop Stradbroke A winning the MSC Alliance Section B title now after beating Ipswich and East Suffolk II by four wickets.
NOTHING can stop Stradbroke A winning the MSC Alliance Section B title now after beating Ipswich and East Suffolk II by four wickets.
Once more when facing adversity, they dug deep to secure victory.
Their seamers had little joy as G Bone (46) and T Gayfer (41) saw off the new ball before launching an assault.
It needed the off-spin of Steve Warner (4-38) to remove both, but could not budge young H Howlett (46no) who combined stroke play with quick running.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 191 looked a distance away at 23 for 2, but slowly David Allum (24) and Stuart Taylor rebuilt with a 45-run stand.
Joe Pearson (20) chose the fast option, adding 43 as Taylor caught the mood.
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 10 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
With 15 overs left the score stood at 118 for 6, but as club No. 8's go, James Ling is useful indeed.
Rotating the strike measuredly, it allowed Taylor to accelerate once more. I&ES were powerless to stop their progress, and with acute timing in the penultimate over, Ling hit his only boundary to win the match.
His share of a 76-run stand was 30, leaving Taylor 90 not out, deserving of a hundred, but Stradbroke A are very much a team.
Ipswich and East Suffolk II 190 for 6, Stradbroke A 194 for 6 (S Taylor 90no).