Stradbroke record not enough
Stradbroke played hosts to touring side Britwell Salome. The final result was Stradbroke 180-9, Britwell Salome 181-5.What sounds like a routine win for the touring side from Oxfordshire could not be further from the truth.
Stradbroke played hosts to touring side Britwell Salome. The final result was Stradbroke 180-9, Britwell Salome 181-5.
What sounds like a routine win for the touring side from Oxfordshire could not be further from the truth.
This thrilling finish seemed light years after the start where the host found themselves 0-2.
Frankly, they never really recovered, despite contrasting scores of 25 by Josh Franklin-Mann and Lynden Mallinson. “Guest” player Harry Jackson then removed three of his employers leaving Stradbroke 117-9 and tea a long way away.
You may also want to watch:
Enter the in-form No 11 Lee Bedwell joining James Ling at the crease. Runs started to come, confidence grew, soon they were hitting to all areas and were not to be parted.
As time elapsed they had added a club record 10th-wicket stand of 63, breaking a 14-year-old record, Ling finishing on 39, Bedwell a career-best 32.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Airborne enemies to meet once more at summer airshow
- 6 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 10 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
The total of 180 looked a good score and the visitors seemed to meander towards the inevitable draw on a feather bed. Herrington (75) and Chittenden (38) added 131 for the second wicket but nobody could have foreseen the onslaught from Slater (34) who, with a little help, added 41 in the last three overs of the game to snatch victory off the penultimate ball.