Stradbroke's flying start to season
Stradbroke A beat Sudbourne Hall by six wickets in the MSC Alliance Section A.Whisper it quietly, but Stradbroke A's bandwagon shows no sign of slowing down.
Stradbroke A beat Sudbourne Hall by six wickets in the MSC Alliance Section A.
Whisper it quietly, but Stradbroke A's bandwagon shows no sign of slowing down.
After back-to-back promotions, they disposed of 2008 champions Sudbourne Hall with some comfort.
With ex-Suffolk players Mick Peck (51) and Tom Jenkin (41) at the crease, a platform was set to accelerate to a score beyond 200, but once more spin proved Stradbroke's ally.
This time Steve Warner took centre stage, varying his pace and flight to take four for 24. Alex Sharratt (2 for 37) bowled poorly, but possessed enough mystery in his leg spin to open up one end.
Johnny Rice (41) tried hard until Joe Pearson (2 for 20) hastened the end at 178.
- 1 A143 blocked after crash between car and tractor
- 2 Trailer, ride-on lawnmower and chainsaw stolen during village burglary
- 3 New Lidl could create 40 'living wage' jobs
- 4 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 5 Diss council announces tax rise and upgrade for town assets
- 6 Fabulous pictures captured by wildlife photographer, nine
- 7 'Our hero': East Anglian Air Ambulance's first female doctor retires
- 8 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 9 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 10 Two crashes in one hour in Pulham Market area
A rapid outfield and a belief in themselves saw the home side set off in a hurry.
Skipper David Allum (56) hit nine boundaries, adding 68 with Simon Higgins. A little wobble followed, arrested by Higgins (58 not out) and a fluent Stuart Taylor (34 not out), knocking off the remaining 70 runs with six overs to spare.
Sudbourne Hall 178, Stradbroke A 179 for four.