Stradbroke's flying start to season
Stradbroke A beat Sudbourne Hall by six wickets in the MSC Alliance Section A.Whisper it quietly, but Stradbroke A's bandwagon shows no sign of slowing down.
Stradbroke A beat Sudbourne Hall by six wickets in the MSC Alliance Section A.
Whisper it quietly, but Stradbroke A's bandwagon shows no sign of slowing down.
After back-to-back promotions, they disposed of 2008 champions Sudbourne Hall with some comfort.
With ex-Suffolk players Mick Peck (51) and Tom Jenkin (41) at the crease, a platform was set to accelerate to a score beyond 200, but once more spin proved Stradbroke's ally.
You may also want to watch:
This time Steve Warner took centre stage, varying his pace and flight to take four for 24. Alex Sharratt (2 for 37) bowled poorly, but possessed enough mystery in his leg spin to open up one end.
Johnny Rice (41) tried hard until Joe Pearson (2 for 20) hastened the end at 178.
- 1 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
A rapid outfield and a belief in themselves saw the home side set off in a hurry.
Skipper David Allum (56) hit nine boundaries, adding 68 with Simon Higgins. A little wobble followed, arrested by Higgins (58 not out) and a fluent Stuart Taylor (34 not out), knocking off the remaining 70 runs with six overs to spare.
Sudbourne Hall 178, Stradbroke A 179 for four.