Strads lose out
In the MSC Section A Kesgrave beat Stradbroke A by 27 runs.Games they would have won last year are slipping through Stradbroke A's fingers in their first season in the top flight.
In the MSC League Section A Kesgrave beat Stradbroke A by 27 runs.
Games they would have won last year are slipping through Stradbroke A's fingers in their first season in the top flight.
Having reduced Kesgrave to 52 for five, (James Ling four for 41), the hosts somehow allowed them to reach 201.
Worne and Burnett scored well at the top, but a middle-order collapse, prompted by Lee Bedwell (four for 57), should have seen Strabroke
You may also want to watch:
chasing around 130, but they allowed Athukorel and Manning to double the score, and momentum shifted.
The batsmen could not get going. David Allum hung around for 25, but nobody could get the gentle bowling of Gale away.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
Patel nipped out four batsmen, but could not dislodge Stuart Taylor, whose good run of form continued with a fine 60, but nobody could score sufficiently at the other end to secure a win.
Kesgrave: 201 (B Manning 42, A Athukorel 37, S Worne 36, J Burnett 35, J Ling four for 41, L Bedwell four for 57).
Stradbroke A: 174 (S Taylor 60, D Allum 25, S Patel four for 39, A Gale 3 for 25).