Strads lose out
In the MSC Section A Kesgrave beat Stradbroke A by 27 runs.Games they would have won last year are slipping through Stradbroke A's fingers in their first season in the top flight.
In the MSC League Section A Kesgrave beat Stradbroke A by 27 runs.
Games they would have won last year are slipping through Stradbroke A's fingers in their first season in the top flight.
Having reduced Kesgrave to 52 for five, (James Ling four for 41), the hosts somehow allowed them to reach 201.
Worne and Burnett scored well at the top, but a middle-order collapse, prompted by Lee Bedwell (four for 57), should have seen Strabroke
chasing around 130, but they allowed Athukorel and Manning to double the score, and momentum shifted.
The batsmen could not get going. David Allum hung around for 25, but nobody could get the gentle bowling of Gale away.
- 1 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 2 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Recipe: Make our Cherries Jubilee cake
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 9 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
Patel nipped out four batsmen, but could not dislodge Stuart Taylor, whose good run of form continued with a fine 60, but nobody could score sufficiently at the other end to secure a win.
Kesgrave: 201 (B Manning 42, A Athukorel 37, S Worne 36, J Burnett 35, J Ling four for 41, L Bedwell four for 57).
Stradbroke A: 174 (S Taylor 60, D Allum 25, S Patel four for 39, A Gale 3 for 25).