Strads lose out
In the MSC Section A Kesgrave beat Stradbroke A by 27 runs.Games they would have won last year are slipping through Stradbroke A's fingers in their first season in the top flight.
In the MSC League Section A Kesgrave beat Stradbroke A by 27 runs.
Games they would have won last year are slipping through Stradbroke A's fingers in their first season in the top flight.
Having reduced Kesgrave to 52 for five, (James Ling four for 41), the hosts somehow allowed them to reach 201.
Worne and Burnett scored well at the top, but a middle-order collapse, prompted by Lee Bedwell (four for 57), should have seen Strabroke
You may also want to watch:
chasing around 130, but they allowed Athukorel and Manning to double the score, and momentum shifted.
The batsmen could not get going. David Allum hung around for 25, but nobody could get the gentle bowling of Gale away.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 9 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
Patel nipped out four batsmen, but could not dislodge Stuart Taylor, whose good run of form continued with a fine 60, but nobody could score sufficiently at the other end to secure a win.
Kesgrave: 201 (B Manning 42, A Athukorel 37, S Worne 36, J Burnett 35, J Ling four for 41, L Bedwell four for 57).
Stradbroke A: 174 (S Taylor 60, D Allum 25, S Patel four for 39, A Gale 3 for 25).