Strads lose out
In the MSC Section A Kesgrave beat Stradbroke A by 27 runs.Games they would have won last year are slipping through Stradbroke A's fingers in their first season in the top flight.
In the MSC League Section A Kesgrave beat Stradbroke A by 27 runs.
Games they would have won last year are slipping through Stradbroke A's fingers in their first season in the top flight.
Having reduced Kesgrave to 52 for five, (James Ling four for 41), the hosts somehow allowed them to reach 201.
Worne and Burnett scored well at the top, but a middle-order collapse, prompted by Lee Bedwell (four for 57), should have seen Strabroke
You may also want to watch:
chasing around 130, but they allowed Athukorel and Manning to double the score, and momentum shifted.
The batsmen could not get going. David Allum hung around for 25, but nobody could get the gentle bowling of Gale away.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Patel nipped out four batsmen, but could not dislodge Stuart Taylor, whose good run of form continued with a fine 60, but nobody could score sufficiently at the other end to secure a win.
Kesgrave: 201 (B Manning 42, A Athukorel 37, S Worne 36, J Burnett 35, J Ling four for 41, L Bedwell four for 57).
Stradbroke A: 174 (S Taylor 60, D Allum 25, S Patel four for 39, A Gale 3 for 25).