Stratton rise to second
Wymondham 2, Stratton 3BACKED by the largest travelling support of the season Long Stratton played Wymondham and despite being rocked by conceding two early goals went on to win - and win well.
Wymondham 2, Stratton 3
BACKED by the largest travelling support of the season Long Stratton played Wymondham and despite being rocked by conceding two early goals went on to win - and win well.
Stratton were a goal down within three minutes, a free-kick went through the wall and was tapped in. Wymondham were 2-0 to the good when a corner was headed in.
That was as good as it got for the home side as Stratton began to take control. James Barnes buried a superb free-kick to reduce the deficit and Mark Whitmore made an excellent last-ditch challenge to snuff out an attack.
You may also want to watch:
Controversially Barnes had a 'goal' disallowed for offside.
Stratton put in a powerful second-half performance, Ben Cussons was excellent up front, he got on the end of a David Robinson's fine deep cross and crashed a header in.
- 1 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks
- 10 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
James Barnes drove forward from the middle of the park fed sub Paul Folkard and he finished well. A seventh win in eight games and a victory that takes them up to second.