Stratton rise to second
Wymondham 2, Stratton 3BACKED by the largest travelling support of the season Long Stratton played Wymondham and despite being rocked by conceding two early goals went on to win - and win well.
Wymondham 2, Stratton 3
BACKED by the largest travelling support of the season Long Stratton played Wymondham and despite being rocked by conceding two early goals went on to win - and win well.
Stratton were a goal down within three minutes, a free-kick went through the wall and was tapped in. Wymondham were 2-0 to the good when a corner was headed in.
That was as good as it got for the home side as Stratton began to take control. James Barnes buried a superb free-kick to reduce the deficit and Mark Whitmore made an excellent last-ditch challenge to snuff out an attack.
You may also want to watch:
Controversially Barnes had a 'goal' disallowed for offside.
Stratton put in a powerful second-half performance, Ben Cussons was excellent up front, he got on the end of a David Robinson's fine deep cross and crashed a header in.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
James Barnes drove forward from the middle of the park fed sub Paul Folkard and he finished well. A seventh win in eight games and a victory that takes them up to second.