Stratton rise to second
Wymondham 2, Stratton 3BACKED by the largest travelling support of the season Long Stratton played Wymondham and despite being rocked by conceding two early goals went on to win - and win well.
Wymondham 2, Stratton 3
BACKED by the largest travelling support of the season Long Stratton played Wymondham and despite being rocked by conceding two early goals went on to win - and win well.
Stratton were a goal down within three minutes, a free-kick went through the wall and was tapped in. Wymondham were 2-0 to the good when a corner was headed in.
That was as good as it got for the home side as Stratton began to take control. James Barnes buried a superb free-kick to reduce the deficit and Mark Whitmore made an excellent last-ditch challenge to snuff out an attack.
You may also want to watch:
Controversially Barnes had a 'goal' disallowed for offside.
Stratton put in a powerful second-half performance, Ben Cussons was excellent up front, he got on the end of a David Robinson's fine deep cross and crashed a header in.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
James Barnes drove forward from the middle of the park fed sub Paul Folkard and he finished well. A seventh win in eight games and a victory that takes them up to second.