Stratton rise to second
Wymondham 2, Stratton 3BACKED by the largest travelling support of the season Long Stratton played Wymondham and despite being rocked by conceding two early goals went on to win - and win well.
Wymondham 2, Stratton 3
BACKED by the largest travelling support of the season Long Stratton played Wymondham and despite being rocked by conceding two early goals went on to win - and win well.
Stratton were a goal down within three minutes, a free-kick went through the wall and was tapped in. Wymondham were 2-0 to the good when a corner was headed in.
That was as good as it got for the home side as Stratton began to take control. James Barnes buried a superb free-kick to reduce the deficit and Mark Whitmore made an excellent last-ditch challenge to snuff out an attack.
You may also want to watch:
Controversially Barnes had a 'goal' disallowed for offside.
Stratton put in a powerful second-half performance, Ben Cussons was excellent up front, he got on the end of a David Robinson's fine deep cross and crashed a header in.
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 3 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 4 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Care home residents delighted by alpaca visit
- 9 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
- 10 Cash For Charites: Last call to apply for £20,000
James Barnes drove forward from the middle of the park fed sub Paul Folkard and he finished well. A seventh win in eight games and a victory that takes them up to second.