Super sub Pipe stars as Harleston bounce back from cup defeat
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Town bounced back from the previous weekend's Senior Cup defeat with a comfortable win over Caister.
The victory consolidated their position at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division table and was their eighth league win in eight games this season.
After an open 35 minutes where Town struggled to break down a solid Caister side they were awarded a penalty when Olly Willis was felled in the box. Connor Delaney stepped up and scored to net his 10th goal of the campaign.
On the hour mark Town doubled their advantage when Nathan Russell rounded the keeper to score following a fantastic through ball from Nathan Page. James Pipe was then introduced from the bench and the mercurial frontman put in his best performance in a Town shirt, hitting a 17 minute hat-trick to seal the victory.
The first goal came on 70 minutes when he executed a superb lob over the keeper and his second came when he rounded the keeper following another quality through ball from Page. Pipe's final goal and Town's fifth came when skipper Howell burst through and unselfishly squared the ball for Pipe to score.
You may also want to watch:
Town welcome Mattishall to the Rec this Saturday for the second time this month, this time in the League Cup.
Harleston Town: O Willis, S Willis, Howard (Grady), Pearce, Roberts, Page, Russell, Howell, Delaney (Simpson), Stone (Pipe).
- 1 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 2 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 3 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 4 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 6 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 9 What will the weather be like this week for outdoor reopening?
- 10 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
Harleston Town Reserves went goal crazy, recording a record 25-0 win away at Newton Flotman. Asa Rush scored seven on his debut with further goals from A Lamoureux (4), C Saunders (4), C Field (3), J Lester (2), K Harvey (2), O Earl, L Haydon and P Trudgill.
In Division One Wymondham Town maintained their excellent start as goals from Liam Moriarty (2), Chris Holmes and Ethan Hall gave them a 4-2 win over Aylsham.
Yelverton picked up their first win since being promoted as they came back from Attleborough with a 2-1 win. Dan Whitman scored for the hosts but goals from Lewis Clarry and Steven Tassie saw Yelverton take the points.
Scole won 3-0 at basement side Cromer, Thomas Green (2) and James Harrison getting the goals.
On Saturday Scole host Mulbarton in the League Cuo while Attleborough entertain Hindringham and Wymondham visit Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves, both in the league.