Swimming: Diss Otters claim fourth in final
Diss Otters Swimming Club – up against strong teams from Thetford, Stowmarket, Leiston and Halstead, Diss – finished a gallant fourth in the final of the Suffolk Winter League in Halstead, Essex.
It was an energetic and stylish display from the Otters. Armed with bright wigs and pom poms, the team and their parents led the way with their support for the swimmers and were awarded the 'best supported team' trophy at the end of the night.
This capped a wonderful display in the league over the three rounds where Diss Otters have finished 10th overall, matching head coach Jamie Rush's aspirations.
'It has been fantastic to see the swimmers compete strongly against the best teams in Suffolk and Essex and I look forward to improving on our result next year,' he said.
Diss Otters pride themselves on the ensuring the training and competitions, which require dedication and hard work, are always rewarding and enjoyable.
You may also want to watch:
Diss are now competing at the annual Norfolk county championships with terrific success so far. From the first weekend Diss have achieved 62 personal best times and 14 medal winners, including Stephanie Brown, who won gold in the girls' 11 years 50m breaststroke to be newly crowned county champion.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021