Swimming: Diss Otters’ medal haul at UEA mini meet
Twenty-nine members of Diss Otters junior ranks, aged 7-13, competed strongly at the UEA mini meet last weekend.
An extremely strong team of youngsters had a great time in the evening competing in a total of 112 races picking up 40 medals in total.
Congratulations to all of our medal winners – Verity Boylan, Aiden Jolly, Leon Kershaw, Madison Dewsbury, Lauren Smith and Thomas Johnson all picked up bronze medals with some strong races.
Ellice Green, Madison Dewsbury, Aiden Jolly, Rowan Whittington, Max Ashken, Ottilie Miller, Lauren Armour, Amber Smith, Ethan Turner and Jack Turner all managed to win silver medals against some tough competition.
Finally the Otters picked up 18 gold medals in total, which were shared between Amber Smith, Thomas Johnson, Ethan Turner, Jack Turner, Stuart Smith, Leon Kershaw, Luc Van Rensburg and Yasmin Brown.
You may also want to watch:
Not forgetting of course those who narrowly missed out on medals but swam superbly to pick up many, many personal best times including several County qualifying times.
Congratulations also to Megan Greenacre, Benjamin Trowell, Charlie Trowell, Jack Seaman, Fifi Martindale, Lilias Parsons, Dominic Boylan, Evie Nicholas, Isobel Collins, Florence Cornwall, Benjamin Brooks, Lauren Armour and Henry Melton.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 4 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 5 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 All shops to charge 10p for plastic bags from May 21
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Under-40s to be offered alternative to Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine