Swimming: Diss Otters’ medal haul at UEA mini meet
Twenty-nine members of Diss Otters junior ranks, aged 7-13, competed strongly at the UEA mini meet last weekend.
An extremely strong team of youngsters had a great time in the evening competing in a total of 112 races picking up 40 medals in total.
Congratulations to all of our medal winners – Verity Boylan, Aiden Jolly, Leon Kershaw, Madison Dewsbury, Lauren Smith and Thomas Johnson all picked up bronze medals with some strong races.
Ellice Green, Madison Dewsbury, Aiden Jolly, Rowan Whittington, Max Ashken, Ottilie Miller, Lauren Armour, Amber Smith, Ethan Turner and Jack Turner all managed to win silver medals against some tough competition.
Finally the Otters picked up 18 gold medals in total, which were shared between Amber Smith, Thomas Johnson, Ethan Turner, Jack Turner, Stuart Smith, Leon Kershaw, Luc Van Rensburg and Yasmin Brown.
You may also want to watch:
Not forgetting of course those who narrowly missed out on medals but swam superbly to pick up many, many personal best times including several County qualifying times.
Congratulations also to Megan Greenacre, Benjamin Trowell, Charlie Trowell, Jack Seaman, Fifi Martindale, Lilias Parsons, Dominic Boylan, Evie Nicholas, Isobel Collins, Florence Cornwall, Benjamin Brooks, Lauren Armour and Henry Melton.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van