Swimming: Diss Otters’ medal haul at UEA mini meet
Twenty-nine members of Diss Otters junior ranks, aged 7-13, competed strongly at the UEA mini meet last weekend.
An extremely strong team of youngsters had a great time in the evening competing in a total of 112 races picking up 40 medals in total.
Congratulations to all of our medal winners – Verity Boylan, Aiden Jolly, Leon Kershaw, Madison Dewsbury, Lauren Smith and Thomas Johnson all picked up bronze medals with some strong races.
Ellice Green, Madison Dewsbury, Aiden Jolly, Rowan Whittington, Max Ashken, Ottilie Miller, Lauren Armour, Amber Smith, Ethan Turner and Jack Turner all managed to win silver medals against some tough competition.
Finally the Otters picked up 18 gold medals in total, which were shared between Amber Smith, Thomas Johnson, Ethan Turner, Jack Turner, Stuart Smith, Leon Kershaw, Luc Van Rensburg and Yasmin Brown.
Not forgetting of course those who narrowly missed out on medals but swam superbly to pick up many, many personal best times including several County qualifying times.
Congratulations also to Megan Greenacre, Benjamin Trowell, Charlie Trowell, Jack Seaman, Fifi Martindale, Lilias Parsons, Dominic Boylan, Evie Nicholas, Isobel Collins, Florence Cornwall, Benjamin Brooks, Lauren Armour and Henry Melton.
- 1 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 2 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 3 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 6 The 4 most wanted men in Norfolk
- 7 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 8 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 9 New vintage gift and homeware shop opens in historic building
- 10 Dad's poignant fundraiser in memory of 'brave' son, 15