Tangerines all set for cup
Diss Town were with out a game last weekend but on Saturday they travel to Acle in the Norfolk Senior Cup (kick-off 2.30pm) in a third round tie. If a replay is needed it will be at Brewers Green Lane on Tuesday (kick-off 7).
Diss Town were with out a game last weekend but on Saturday they travel to Acle in the Norfolk Senior Cup (kick-off 2.30pm) in a third round tie.
If a replay is needed it will be at Brewers Green Lane on Tuesday (kick-off 7.45pm). If no replay is needed Diss Reserves will be at home to Thetford Town Reserves on Tuesday (kick-off 7.45pm) in a league match.
Diss Reserves travel to Walsham-le-Willows Reserves on Saturday (kick-off 3pm).
You may also want to watch:
Diss Town Reserves 1, Lowestoft Town Reserves 3
DISS Reserves, with eight changes to the starting line-up from the last game, competed well against last season's Ridgeons Reserve League champions Lowestoft. Matt Webster had his first match in goal after his fractured cheek injury picked up against Ely. Christian Money, Brendan Foley, Simon Jackson, Peter Hooks and Steve Wright also had much-needed run outs.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 5 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 6 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 7 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 8 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
After an even opening Lowestoft took the lead in the 14th minute when Kyle Baker used his pace to close down Matt Webster.
The Diss goalkeeper had come out of his area to cut out a long ball. Baker robbed Webster and moved through to tap into the unguarded goal.
Jake McDowall was just high with his shot after a fine run from Peter Hooks. Five minutes before half-time another long ball, with the wind at the backs of Lowestoft, allowed Baker to move round Webster before bringing the ball under control and shoot in from an acute angle.
Diss pulled a goal back with a fine passing move in the 53rd minute. Euan Craigie and Simon Jackson linked up in midfield and allowed Tom Gray to play the ball into the feet of Steve Wright.
The latter turned and moved forward before hitting a low 20-yard right-foot shot into the corner of the net for his first goal at any level this season.
Diss had more of the second half play but Jake Armes hit the post with a 61st minute shot. The final goal of the game came as a result of the weather conditions.
An 83rd minute centre from the Lowestoft left seemed to be heading behind the goal line when it was caught by a strong gust of wind. The ball went between Webster and his near post and continued to arch against the face of goal for Chris Bond to tap in at the far post.
Diss Reserves: Matt Webster, Christian Money, Tom Gray, Dave Adams, Brendan Foley, Simon Jackson, Peter Hooks, Euan Craigie, Steve Wright, Jon Abbott, Jake McDowall. Subs: Clark Field (for McDowall 84 mins), Craig Tullis (for Abbott 50 mins), Max Rissmann (for Gray 77 mins) and Ben Welsh.