Tangerines all set for FA Cup
Diss Town face Walsham-le-Willows in the FACup extra preliminary round on Saturday.The Tangerines collected their first point of the season on Tuesday, drawing 1-1 with Gorleston, having lost 2-0 to relegated Newmarket in the season opener.
Diss Town face Walsham-le-Willows in the FACup extra preliminary round on Saturday.
The Tangerines collected their first point of the season on Tuesday, drawing 1-1 with Gorleston, having lost 2-0 to relegated Newmarket in the season opener. They had the better of the first half against the Greens but overall a draw was a fair result.
Leighton Miller had a header corner deflected wide and Andy Moody shot high when well placed following a run and cross by Danny Partridge.
Diss took the lead when Partridge was fouled just outside the penalty area wide on the left. Adie Hayes sent the free-kick to the far post and Miller guided his header into the corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Ricci Butler had a long-range shot deflected for a corner five minutes before half-time with the best Gorleston effort of the first half.
Gorleston started the second half brightly and equalised. They counter attacked at a Diss free-kick and Nathan Drake sent a through-ball to Chad Pillar who netted.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
Ben Manning was on hand to clear the danger when Osiris Gomes shot at goal after Luke Catchpole had a shot blocked to a Ben Deacon cross. There were appeals that John Bell was brought down by Mark Camidge after he chipped the ball over the home keeper and saw his shot kicked off the line by Steve Best. Ed Cussons had a cross tipped over by Tom Marsden.
Pillar was only just wide after he beat two defenders. Steve Wright was denied by Marsden late in the game twice.
Roy Allen Engineering MoM: Robbie Lawrence.