Tangerines draw with Stowmarket
DISS Reserves completed their home games for the season with a fair 1-1 draw against a Stowmarket Reserves team.Nathan Brown was on target from 35 yards in the sixth minute for Diss and three minutes later Sam Clay was on target for Stow from 30 yards out.
DISS Reserves completed their home games for the season with a fair 1-1 draw against a Stowmarket Reserves team.
Nathan Brown was on target from 35 yards in the sixth minute for Diss and three minutes later Sam Clay was on target for Stow from 30 yards out.
Ryan Daniels moved on to a through ball in the 17th minute and lofted his shot over the advancing Mark Camidge and into the net for the opening goal of the game.
Four minutes later goalkeeper Craig Langford did well to tip a 35 yard free kick from Karl Ansley over the bar. The next on target effort resulted in Camidge using his feet to keep out a shot from Clay.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Best was denied by a great save from Langford two minutes into the second half when he moved on to a pass from Ray Barrett following a cross from Keiran Nicholls.
Three minutes later Best scored the equaliser. Chris Kapsalis played a superb through ball to send Best clear and chip the ball over the advancing Langford.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
Nicholls had a free kick tipped over and Best smashed a shot against the bar after he took a return pass from Luke Squire in a good spell for Diss. However, the game drifted out to a draw during the last 25 minutes in glorious spring sunshine.
Diss man-of-the-match Nathan Brown gave a hard working display at right-back. He linked up well with the attack and was prepared to try his luck with shots.
Diss Reserves: Mark Camidge, Nathan Brown, Chris Kapsalis, Max Rissmann, Steve Beasley, Jake McDowall, Karl Ansley, Steve Best, Luke Squire, Ray Barrett, Keiran Nicholls. Sub: Craigh Beckham (for Barrett 72 mins) and Wayne Collins (for Nicholls 84 mins).
Diss Reserves complete their league season away at Woodbridge Reserves on Thursday, April 30 (kick-off 7.45pm).