Tangerines draw with Stowmarket
DISS Reserves completed their home games for the season with a fair 1-1 draw against a Stowmarket Reserves team.Nathan Brown was on target from 35 yards in the sixth minute for Diss and three minutes later Sam Clay was on target for Stow from 30 yards out.
DISS Reserves completed their home games for the season with a fair 1-1 draw against a Stowmarket Reserves team.
Nathan Brown was on target from 35 yards in the sixth minute for Diss and three minutes later Sam Clay was on target for Stow from 30 yards out.
Ryan Daniels moved on to a through ball in the 17th minute and lofted his shot over the advancing Mark Camidge and into the net for the opening goal of the game.
Four minutes later goalkeeper Craig Langford did well to tip a 35 yard free kick from Karl Ansley over the bar. The next on target effort resulted in Camidge using his feet to keep out a shot from Clay.
Steve Best was denied by a great save from Langford two minutes into the second half when he moved on to a pass from Ray Barrett following a cross from Keiran Nicholls.
Three minutes later Best scored the equaliser. Chris Kapsalis played a superb through ball to send Best clear and chip the ball over the advancing Langford.
- 1 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 6 'No excuses' is the message as festive anti-drink drive campaign launched
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 9 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
Nicholls had a free kick tipped over and Best smashed a shot against the bar after he took a return pass from Luke Squire in a good spell for Diss. However, the game drifted out to a draw during the last 25 minutes in glorious spring sunshine.
Diss man-of-the-match Nathan Brown gave a hard working display at right-back. He linked up well with the attack and was prepared to try his luck with shots.
Diss Reserves: Mark Camidge, Nathan Brown, Chris Kapsalis, Max Rissmann, Steve Beasley, Jake McDowall, Karl Ansley, Steve Best, Luke Squire, Ray Barrett, Keiran Nicholls. Sub: Craigh Beckham (for Barrett 72 mins) and Wayne Collins (for Nicholls 84 mins).
Diss Reserves complete their league season away at Woodbridge Reserves on Thursday, April 30 (kick-off 7.45pm).