Tangerines end on a defeat
DISS Reserves completed their season with a narrow 1-0 defeat at Woodbridge, finishing the season without a win in their last 10 matches.Terry Minshull was only just wide in the eighth minute after a fine pass from Ray Barrett.
DISS Reserves completed their season with a narrow 1-0 defeat at Woodbridge, finishing the season without a win in their last 10 matches.
Terry Minshull was only just wide in the eighth minute after a fine pass from Ray Barrett. Woodbridge forced Ed Cussons into a goal line clearance two minutes later.
Stefan Garrett ran down the left and cut in before shooting from an acute angle. Mark Camidge was expecting the 19th minute shot to be to his near post and was wrong-footed as the ball went in off the inside of the far post for the only goal of the game.
Minshull laid off a 23rd minute Barrett pass and Ben Cussons hit a crisp shot just wide. Seven minutes later, Ben Cussons could not get direction on to his header after Jake McDowall headed on a Karl Ansley free kick.
You may also want to watch:
Camidge made a good diving save to turn away a 33rd minute Garrett shot, but Diss were unfortunate to be behind at half-time.
Camidge made a fine close-range block to a shot from Rob Bird in the 47th minute after he had parried a well-struck shot.
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 3 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 4 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
The Cussons brothers linked up well in the 51st minute, with Ben having a shot saved by Ryan Beal to a pass from Ed. Camidge made fine saves to deny the home team late on.
He turned away a well-struck 25-yard shot from James Churchill and used his feet to keep out a shot from Jack Lawrence. Ed Cussons had three efforts to snatch an equaliser after being pushed forward for the last quarter of the match.
He was just high after a 74th minute pass from Minshull, narrowly wide following a pass from Wayne Collins two minutes later, and in added time headed wide to a centre from Minshull.
Diss man of the match: This was a final match before retirement for Mark Camidge. He was disappointed with the goal, but redeemed himself with a number of good saves which kept his team in contention of snatching an equaliser.
He has been a player from whom the younger element in the Diss Reserves team this season will have learnt a lot.
Diss: Mark Camidge, Nathan Brown, Keiran Nicholls, Max Rissmann, Ed Cussons, Ben Cussons, Karl Ansley, Ray Barrett, Jake McDowall, Craigh Beckham, Terry Minshull.
Substitutes: Ian Barber (for B Cussons, 68 minutes) and Wayne Collins (for Barrett, 50 minutes).