Tangerines fix up pre-season games
DISS Town Football Club is in the process of preparing their pre-season programme of matches ahead of the 2010/11 season. The highlight is a trip to Brewers Green Lane from a Norwich City XI on Tuesday July 27, ko 7.
DISS Town Football Club is in the process of preparing their pre-season programme of matches ahead of the 2010/11 season. The highlight is a trip to Brewers Green Lane from a Norwich City XI on Tuesday July 27, ko 7.45pm. There will also be a visit from Stotfold on Saturday July 10.
Diss U18 will have a change of management for the 2010/11 season. Mark Abbott and Jon Jacob have stepped down after one season in charge and will be replaced by two Diss first team players, Simon Jackson and Craig Skipp. Any player, who will have had their 15th birthday by August 1, 2010, who is interested in joining the squad for next season should ring Simon Jackson on 07871 323181 for details.
Paul Drake, who had assisted Garth Good and Ian Barber, will take over as Diss Reserves boss. An application by Diss Town for an A Team to join The Crown Fire League will be heard by the annual meeting of that league on Monday June 7. Diss Town's annual meeting will be at Brewers Green Lane on Tuesday June 22 at 7.30pm.
Diss Town FC was sad to hear of the recent death of former player Colin Martin, who played for Diss during the 1950s and 1960s and also represented Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 2 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 5 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 9 Report into Norfolk Christmas floods could take six months
- 10 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June