Tangerines fix up pre-season games
DISS Town Football Club is in the process of preparing their pre-season programme of matches ahead of the 2010/11 season. The highlight is a trip to Brewers Green Lane from a Norwich City XI on Tuesday July 27, ko 7.
DISS Town Football Club is in the process of preparing their pre-season programme of matches ahead of the 2010/11 season. The highlight is a trip to Brewers Green Lane from a Norwich City XI on Tuesday July 27, ko 7.45pm. There will also be a visit from Stotfold on Saturday July 10.
Diss U18 will have a change of management for the 2010/11 season. Mark Abbott and Jon Jacob have stepped down after one season in charge and will be replaced by two Diss first team players, Simon Jackson and Craig Skipp. Any player, who will have had their 15th birthday by August 1, 2010, who is interested in joining the squad for next season should ring Simon Jackson on 07871 323181 for details.
Paul Drake, who had assisted Garth Good and Ian Barber, will take over as Diss Reserves boss. An application by Diss Town for an A Team to join The Crown Fire League will be heard by the annual meeting of that league on Monday June 7. Diss Town's annual meeting will be at Brewers Green Lane on Tuesday June 22 at 7.30pm.
Diss Town FC was sad to hear of the recent death of former player Colin Martin, who played for Diss during the 1950s and 1960s and also represented Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'