Tangerines hit six of best
March Town United 1 Diss Town 6
Diss bounced back from three straight defeats with a stunning 6-1 win away at March to move back into third place
The Tangerines had six different goal scorers as they hit their highest goal tally so far this season.
March took a first minute lead when Ashley Brand crossed for Juliano Gomes de Menzies to shoot in. This prompted an immediate reply from The Tangerines with the returning Brendan Foley heading in from a Stuart Garner corner with less than three minutes played.
By the seventh minute Diss were in the lead. George Watts-Sturrock produced the goal of the game, and one of his really special efforts, when he floated a perfect shot into the net from over 30 yards out.
You may also want to watch:
Stefan Gilding, Jordan Rocastle and Danny Wynne missed chances to increase the lead. However, five minutes into first half added time Jon Abbott played the ball into the penalty area for Jordan Rocastle to put the ball past the advancing goalkeeper to make it 3-1.
Garner linked up with Abbott on the left in the 60th minute before crossing to the far post for Danny Wynne to head in. Seven minutes later a free kick from Garnet struck a post but Abbott reacted quickly to turn the loose ball in. In the 83rd minute Sam Bryant crossed low for Peter Hooks to run and take the ball forward and shoot in to complete the scoring.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
Diss: M Webster, M Shadrack, S Garner, S Gilding, B Foley, J Abbott, G Watts-Sturrock, J Rocastle, L Catchpole, D Wynne, S Bryant. Subs: P Hooks (for Rocastle 78 mins), S Wright (for Catchpole 78 mins), D Phelan, S Jackson and A Moody (for Wynne 78 mins). Attendance: 55.