Tangerines hit the cup trail
Diss Town are in Norfolk Senior Cup third round action on Saturday at Anglian Combination side Loddon United, ko 2pm.
Team Bury 1, Diss Town 1
The Tangerines failed to secure the win that would have seen them rise to the top of the table against draw specialists Team Bury at Ram Meadow on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Diss have two draws so far this season – both against Team Bury, who now have five league draws, writes Tony Collins.
Diss had by far the greater of the possession in the first half. Goalkeeper Nick Pope was in fine form in the home goal.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
He grabbed the loose ball after parrying a 22-yard shot from Dan Wynne in the 13th minute after he collected the ball from Sam Bryant who headed on a centre from Ben Green.
Three minutes later Pope held the ball low down near his post after Bryant cut in from the right following a fine run and pass from Luke Catchpole.
Stuart Garner was only inches away from hitting the top corner with a shot from 35 yards.
It was against the run of play that Team Bury took the lead in the 39th minute.
Diss gave the ball away on their right and a cross was quickly played into the Diss danger area.
Stefan Gilding slipped to leave Nathan Prigg, who had only replaced the injured Ryan Clark two minutes earlier, with time and space to shoot in.
Diss attacked from the start of the second half with Catchpole having a shot kicked off the line following Diss pressure at a 46th minute corner.
The equaliser came from a great shot in the 53rd minute. Garner and Shadrack linked up at a free-kick just a few inches outside the penalty area before Garner sent the ball into the top corner with a left-foot shot.
Much of the remaining play was scrappy but Wynne, with two headers held by Pope and another at the far post narrowly wide, came close for Diss.
Matty Webster made a good save to deny Archie Watson.