Tangerines hit the cup trail
Diss Town are in Norfolk Senior Cup third round action on Saturday at Anglian Combination side Loddon United, ko 2pm.
Team Bury 1, Diss Town 1
The Tangerines failed to secure the win that would have seen them rise to the top of the table against draw specialists Team Bury at Ram Meadow on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Diss have two draws so far this season – both against Team Bury, who now have five league draws, writes Tony Collins.
Diss had by far the greater of the possession in the first half. Goalkeeper Nick Pope was in fine form in the home goal.
- 1 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 3 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
He grabbed the loose ball after parrying a 22-yard shot from Dan Wynne in the 13th minute after he collected the ball from Sam Bryant who headed on a centre from Ben Green.
Three minutes later Pope held the ball low down near his post after Bryant cut in from the right following a fine run and pass from Luke Catchpole.
Stuart Garner was only inches away from hitting the top corner with a shot from 35 yards.
It was against the run of play that Team Bury took the lead in the 39th minute.
Diss gave the ball away on their right and a cross was quickly played into the Diss danger area.
Stefan Gilding slipped to leave Nathan Prigg, who had only replaced the injured Ryan Clark two minutes earlier, with time and space to shoot in.
Diss attacked from the start of the second half with Catchpole having a shot kicked off the line following Diss pressure at a 46th minute corner.
The equaliser came from a great shot in the 53rd minute. Garner and Shadrack linked up at a free-kick just a few inches outside the penalty area before Garner sent the ball into the top corner with a left-foot shot.
Much of the remaining play was scrappy but Wynne, with two headers held by Pope and another at the far post narrowly wide, came close for Diss.
Matty Webster made a good save to deny Archie Watson.