Tangerines hoping for third time lucky
Diss Town are hoping it will be third time lucky when they attempt yet again to play their Norfolk Senior Cup fourth round tie at Norwich St Johns on Saturday afternoon.
The Norwich side are in the bottom half of the Anglian Combination Premier Division but the Tangerines must be careful to avoid a potential banana skin.
Norfolk County FA have ruled that there will now be no replays for the remaining matches in this round and, with the days pulling in, the kick-off time will now be 1.30pm.
Extra time will be played if necessary followed by a penalty shoot-out. Norwich St Johns play at Cringleford Playing Field, Oakfields Road.
The winners of the tie will be at home to Thetford Town in the quarter-finals on Saturday, January 8.
You may also want to watch:
The rearrangement of the Senior Cup tie means that this Saturday's scheduled league game at Fakenham Town has been re-arranged to Bank Holiday Monday, January 3 (kick off 3pm).
Diss Reserves had a change of fixture last Saturday as Dereham Town Reserves were due to be in Norfolk Junior Cup action. However, the rearranged home match against Debenham LC Reserves last Saturday was also a victim of the weather.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 8 More than 100,000 young people have had Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
The reserves will be at home to Great Yarmouth Town on Saturday (kick off 3pm). There are no new dates for either of the matches that were not played.
The Caister Youth v Diss A tie in the Norfolk Primary Cup was another match to be delayed from last Saturday, after being postponed for a second successive week, to this weekend.
Again the match will be decided on the day so will kick off at 1.30pm. It means that the Mervyn Lambert Cup match away at Thurton and Ashby will have to be re-arranged.
Diss A has been voted Crown Fire League Team of the Month for October by the management committee. The team will be presented with a match ball.