Tangerines lose out to Needham
Diss Town Reserves 1, Needham Market Reserves 2
Diss Reserves were beaten at home for the first time this season as Needham Market made it four wins in a row.
The Tangerines deservedly led at half-time but a young Needham team turned the game around in the second half.
Goalkeeper Tom Sills used his feet to keep out a 15th minute shot from Kirk Bardsley, who was sent clear following good advantage play after Elliot Jackson was fouled. Max Kirby floated a free kick over the visiting defence in the 26th minute for Bardsley to force Sills into another good save. Tariq Mansell ran on to a through ball and forced Aaron Bunn into a fine save low to his left in the 33rd minute.
Diss took the lead in the 38th minute when Simon Jackson played the ball out to Bradley Takooree on the right. He found E Jackson. His shot was blocked and after another shot was saved by Sills the loose ball was put in by Bardsley. In the next minute Bardsley beat a defender and crossed for Ryan Macfadden to draw a great save from Sills. In first half added time, Bunn saved well to keep out a shot from Callum Farrow.
You may also want to watch:
Mansell moved down the right in the 55th minute and crossed for the impressive Luke wade to shoot the equaliser. Needham looked the more likely to get the next goal and they did so in the 66th minute when Nano Nogueila chipped the ball in from the edge of the area to make it 2-1.
Liam Leverett had a shot blocked after E Jackson sent a centre in from the left and in a frantic finish to the game Diss were frustrated by the offside flag on a number of occasions. Six minutes into added time Bardsley was well placed to equalise but put his shot against the bar to a low centre from Steve Best.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
Manager's man of the match: Aaron Bunn is having an excellent season in goal. He made some good saves in this game and his handling of centres was faultless.
Diss team: Aaron Bunn, Matty Hill, Max Kirkby, Simon Jackson, Carl Branson, James Casbard, George Cole, Ryan Macfadden, Kirk Bardsley, Bradley Takooree, Elliot Jackson.
Diss subs: Karl Ansley (for Cole 62 mins), Liam Leverett (for Casbard 69 mins) and Steve Best for (Hill 69 mins).
Diss Reserves do not have a game on Saturday, but Diss have a home first team Ridgeons League division one game against Long Melford on Saturday (kick-off 3pm).