Tangerines put up a fight
Lowestoft Town Reserves 5, Diss Town Reserves 0BOTTOM of the table Diss Reserves played some good football in an even opening spell against one of the favourites to win the divisional title at Crown Meadow on Tuesday night.
Lowestoft Town Reserves 5, Diss Town Reserves 0
BOTTOM of the table Diss Reserves played some good football in an even opening spell against one of the favourites to win the divisional title at Crown Meadow on Tuesday night. However, their more experienced opponents moved superbly off the ball to lead 3-0 at half-time.
Aaron Bunn made two superb saves to deny Joe Clark before Clark latched on to a 19th minute through ball and rounded Bunn on the corner of the penalty area before shooting in from an acute angle.
Three minutes later Chris Bond made it 2-0 from a penalty following a foul by Sean Cook on Bradley Hough. Pressure following a corner paid off when Jack Garrod headed in for the third goal in the 37th minute.
You may also want to watch:
Carl Bronson led a counter attack from Diss after a Lowestoft corner in the 42nd minute. He found Max Kirby to run and release Kirk Bardsley. His run and shot drew a parried save from Dave Attridge with Kirkby finding the side netting from an acute angle to the loose ball.
Diss started the second half strongly but a good move in the 47th minute ended with Clark scoring from six yards out.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 6 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 7 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 8 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
Jody Peacher had a shot saved by Attridge and Kirby was on target with another effort as Diss used both wings well with some overlapping passing play.
Garrod completed the scoring in the 68th minute when he tapped in from four yards out to a centre from the right from Hough.
Diss Reserves: Aaron Bunn, Rafel Szalek, Sean Cook, Carl Branson, Steve Crawshaw, Max Kirkby, Karl Ansley, Ryan McFadden, Kirk Bardsley, Jody Peacher, Chris Mooney. Subs: Nathan Brown (Szalek 83 mins) and Rob Coote (Mooney 79 mins).