Tangerines rewarded for their work by Noroflk FA
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town were well represented at the Norfolk FA gala dinner as the club received four county awards.
The first was the Norfolk FA Young Volunteer of the Year award, picked up by Ashley Baxter.
Ashley works with one of the U9 teams at the club as well as running a Saturday morning football club at Brewers Green Lane.
He has also recently taken on the role as U18 manager as well. Diss are keen to get young coaches involved at the club and Ashley, who is one of four young coache,s has proved to be a great success, only being 18 himself.
He is currently doing his FA Level 2 coaching award. Ashley also won the Regional Young Volunteer of the Year award which was presented at the gala dinner and also put him up to represent the region in the national award final.
You may also want to watch:
The third award was for Mark Channell who won the Norfolk FA Volunteer of the Year. Mark is the youth secretary at Diss as well as the U16 team manager and has worked closely with Norfolk FA to raise the coaching level within the youth teams at the club along with organising junior leader courses and co-ordinated the summer tournament at the club as well as all the normal secretarial roles involved with the youth teams at Diss.
A massive part of the role has been helping the club achieve the pinnacle of the FA Charter Standard awards. Diss Town became a Charter Standard Community Club in 2014, having achieved the first Charter Standard award in 2012.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 5 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 6 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 7 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
The fourth award to be received was for the Norfolk FA Charter Standard Community Club of the year 2015, just one year after obtaining this status.
This is a massive success for the club and testament to all the hard work that has been put in by everybody involved. To top the week off Diss Town also found out they have been shortlisted to the final three by active Norfolk for their Community Club of the Year award 2015.
The winner of this will be announced in mid-November at an event to be held at the Forum in Norwich.
For Diss to be shortlisted for this is also a huge success as this is for all clubs in Norfolk, not just football clubs. It is great to see all the hard work at the club being recognised and people being awarded for all the time being spent to make the club the success it is.
Diss Town now has boys and girls from four years old up to adult involved and playing at the club.
For more information about the club email email@example.com or visit the Diss Town FC website.