Tangerines' run is halted
Stowmarket Town 3, Diss Town 0DISS Town were left to rue missed chances as their five game unbeaten run came to an end at Greens Meadow on Tuesday. An injury to Stuart Jenkinson and suspension for Luke Catchpole disrupted their recent form.
Stowmarket Town 3, Diss Town 0
DISS Town were left to rue missed chances as their five game unbeaten run came to an end at Greens Meadow on Tuesday.
An injury to Stuart Jenkinson and suspension for Luke Catchpole disrupted their recent form.
A promising Diss move down the right in the sixth minute saw Stuart Jenkinson and George Watts-Sturrock link up to create an opening for Sam Bryant which was well saved by Ross Charters. Charters made a fine 17th minute save diving to his left to keep out a shot from Bryant after Xavier Huckle headed down a cross from Watts-Sturrock.
You may also want to watch:
The Tangerines should have taken the lead in the 44th minute when a corner on the right from Stuart Garner found Dan Wynne in space. However, his shot from six yards flew over the bar.
Five minutes into first half added time Diss were caught out when a long ball resulted in Mark Shadrack trying to hold off two home attackers. Lamonte Cooper shot from 22 yards out was parried by Matty Webster. The loose ball was controlled by James Webster before he shot in from eight yards out.
- 1 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 3 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 6 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 9 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
Ben Luxford sliced a clearance against his own bar in the 58th minute. It was to be the closest that Diss would come to getting back into the match. Webster did well to save from Lee Drummond and Cooper was wide with two fine chances after going clear with about 20 minutes to play.
Huckle was wide with a great chance from close in the 74th minute with the last real Diss chance.
A long throw from the right caused problems for the visiting defence and the ball was not fully cleared. This allowed Ben Luxford to strike a low left shot from outside the penalty area to make it 2-0 in the 77th minute.
Seven minutes later Drummond broke down the right and crossed for Clark Bruce to complete the scoring by controlling the ball and shooting in.
Diss: Matty Webster, Stuart Jenkinson, Stuart Garner, Mark Shadrack, Brendan Foley, Craig Skipp, George Watts-Sturrock, Jon Abbott, Dan Wynne, Xavier Huckle, Sam Bryant.
Subs: Jordan Rocastle (Myhill 74), Andy Moody (Wynne 51), Steve Wright, Ross Myhill (Jenkinson 38) and Max Kirkby.