Tash nets on debut as Diss win
Diss 5, Old Buckenham II 1HOCKEY: Diss Ladies finally got the win they have been desperate for. No team has outplayed them this season but this is their first win since the end of November.
Diss 5, Old Buckenham II 1
HOCKEY: Diss Ladies finally got the win they have been desperate for.
No team has outplayed them this season but this is their first win since the end of November. Diss took control from the first minute and played some great hockey on a difficult pitch, but all their possession couldn't break down the Bucks defence.
Bucks really didn't trouble the Diss keeper at all and after 20 minutes the constant Diss pressure paid off when Lucy Kershaw turned in a great cross from Emily Crosland.
It didn't take long for Diss to double their lead when Kershaw smashed home her second. On the stroke of half-time the Bucks defence went to sleep and scored an own goal after some good work by Gaby Rolingson.
The second half went the same as the first with Diss dominating. Diss failed to get onto some great crosses from both Lucy Kershaw and Emily Crosland and Bucks started to get into the game a bit more, but just as they thought they had a chance Lucy Kershaw scored her third of the match to put the game beyond doubt.
- 1 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 'No excuses' is the message as festive anti-drink drive campaign launched
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 8 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
- 9 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
But, to Bucks' credit, they didn't drop their heads and pulled a goal back with 15 minutes to go.
However Diss hadn't finished with their scoring and just before the end Tash Blakely scored a great goal to mark an impressive debut.
PoM: Olivia Cates.