Tense time for Stratton
With just two games left in Anglian Combination Division One, Long Stratton must hope they win both and other results go their way.They went into the game against Gayton United knowing that only a victory would suffice in what was a six-pointer against their fellow strugglers.
With just two games left in Anglian Combination Division One, Long Stratton must hope they win both and other results go their way.
They went into the game against Gayton United knowing that only a victory would suffice in what was a six-pointer against their fellow strugglers.
But Stratton ended up losing 2-1 to the visitors.
Within 15 minutes Gayton had gone 2-0 up, but for the final 20 minutes of the first half Stratton played really well, throwing everything at Gayton.
You may also want to watch:
In this spell Stratton had a David Robinson 'goal' controversially disallowed for offside and then five minutes later yet another penalty miss - that's three missed penalties in as many weeks for the Reds, all from different takers, this time the otherwise outstanding James Barnes couldn't convert the spot-kick.
The Reds' domination continued into the second half but chances continued to go begging, David Robinson, Darren Fowles, Terry Green all going close.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Eventually Barnes did nod in on the 74th minute to make it 2-1 but another clear cut chance never fell for the Reds.
Final score: Long Stratton 1, Gayton United 2.